Connect with us

General

Poll: When Was The Last Time You Kicked A Soccer Ball?

SOCCER/FUTBOL APERTURA 2010 CRUZ AZUL VS PACHUCA General view of the ball, during week 4 game of the 2010 Apertura tournament of mexican soccer./Vista general del balon, durante juego de la jornada 4 del torneo Apertura 2010 del futbol mexicano. 14 August 2010 MEXSPORT/OMAR MARTINEZ Photo via Newscom

I was driving down the road the other day when I had a thought. I watch and digest so much soccer on a daily basis that I wondered when was the last time I actually kicked a ball, which is such a central figure of the sport I watch. For me it was a few weeks ago during a kick-a-bout with my children before or after my daughter’s last soccer match. But then I wondered how long it’s been for you, the readers.

Please note that the post isn’t meant to judge at all. Whether you kick a ball every day or haven’t kicked it in years doesn’t matter. It’s more of a question to find out how connected we are to the game itself and whether that bond is closer on television and the Internet than it is on a local level, whether it’s in your backyard or nearest soccer pitch.

Thanks in advance for voting.

[polldaddy poll=4046052]

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
12 Comments

12 Comments

1. Q

November 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Every chance I get, pickups twice a week, juggling whenever there is time, and match days Saturday morn.

2. coachie ballgames

November 8, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I’ve played five days out of the last seven and my knees are killing me!

3. tony

November 8, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I’m 43 and started playing full time in the last 2 months. I play in an over 35’s league and yesterday we played the best team I have ever played against. They played like Spain, constant one touch passing in triangles.

4. Marc

November 8, 2010 at 9:18 am

I kicked the ball around with my 4 year old son on Saturday. Taught him a few new tricks. We try to play most evenings after dinner. But now with the clocks turned back, and I live in Central NY, that might be the last time until the spring.

5. Stevie the K

November 8, 2010 at 8:26 am

Played in the Old Man’s (over 50) league yesterday (Sunday) – last game of the season…

6. Allen Nguyen

November 8, 2010 at 8:01 am

The perks of being a high-school senior who has submitted almost all of his college apps is that I play pick-up nearly every weekend and that I juggle at school most days. Now that the high school sports seasons are changing, the goals are going out on my school’s field. That being said, we don’t usually play there as our field is artificial turf and after 13 years of swimming, my knees don’t need any more pressure…

7. Hussain

November 8, 2010 at 7:57 am

I keep 2 Footballs inside my apartment. Kick them around. I sometimes go the tennis court and kick the ball for couple of hours.

8. Bishopville Red

November 8, 2010 at 6:31 am

Last time I kicked? What time is it?

9. Thomas

November 8, 2010 at 5:52 am

Never, cause I play football and not soccer and therefore kick a football.

And not the stupig eggball.

• truth hurts

November 8, 2010 at 6:24 pm

me too ive never kicked anything other than a football(a real one not an egg).

• Colin

November 8, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Last I checked, this was a .com website. That means it American, where football is called football because we made up a game and called what we wanted to. In the US, your “football” is called soccer because that’s what we wanted to call it. If you’re so concerned about seeing your sport called “football” instead of “soccer” then why don’t you stick with a “.co.uk” website where they still call it football. If you came to our country and asked for the “loo” you’d look like an idiot, so just because you say it one way doesn’t make it the right way.

Also, have you ever even played football? I would love to see you try to even throw one with your scrawny “footballer” arms.

The guy just created a friendly poll. Why don’t you save your sassy comments for someone who cares.

• soonerscotty

November 9, 2010 at 2:40 am

Get off your “football” high horse…the damned English invented the term “Soccer.”

The terms are interchangeable…get over it. Us Yanks most often call it Soccer. The use of the term “soccer” does not detract from the game so, what does it matter.