Connect with us

Leagues: MLS

Feuerstein’s Fire #30

Daniel F Daniel Feuerstein Joins Major League Soccer Talk

Tuesday, October 26th 8:00PM EDT – 5:00PM PDT

Guests: Roger Allaway of Big Soccer Talks US Soccer history
Blake Compton, Columbus Crew Supporter
NASL Segment: Hector L. Diaz Montes discusses First Leg win for Puerto Rico Islanders in D2 Championship Final
Discussing Red Bulls Two Goal Victory over the Revolution. Matt Conroy and Miguel Nunez of The Vipers Nest joins me to review the Red Bulls season and preview their playoff match-up with the San Jose Earthquakes.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Matthew

October 27, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Daniel, I agree that the discussions, primarily on Twitter, between the Aztex fans and Orlando fans was a bit rough. Unfortunately, I found myself thinking that at times, you need to just “unfollow” someone and move on.

Orlando has a right to be happy, to enjoy their new soccer team. They are getting a collection of players and a coach.

However, they have to understand our position as well. We don’t have a team to see anymore. That is bad enough, and would be a massive disappointment to anyone. What has really pissed folks off is that Phil Rawlins still has not reached out to the supporters. No calls, no emails, even though we’ve sent several notes, and made comments in multiple interviews that this is what caused that anger. This lack of respect for the fans, including a comment in the local paper from Rawlins that said season ticker holders didn’t matter, is what focused our anger on Rawlins. Several of my supporters have sent warnings to the Orlando fans. Yes, they may be tinged with cynicism, but there is no hatred towards the Orlando fans, the players or coaches. Just anger towards Phil Rawlins. I can’t say it any more plainly than that. What’s even worse is with Rawlin’s leaving like he did, the professional market in Austin is burned for at least 10 years. Think about that. No chance of a local team to support for 10 years. Even though you busted everything to make them successful, as all indications pointed to (25% increase in attendance year over year, greater media presence, growth in the supporters club).

I would encourage you to reach out to the Austin fans. If for any reason, to find out what the ownership is like in your “second home” team. As the President of Chantico’s Army (the only supporters group that was with the Aztex from the beginning), I’m happy to share with you what happened.

We wish the Orlando fans luck. All our best to Adrian Heath, someone I highly respect, and the players. I hope you are successful. I simply cannot and will not wish the same for your ownership.

• Daniel Feuerstein

October 28, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Matthew. I have an Aztex supporter coming on my show this coming Tuesday night. But let me say once again, I wasn’t happy when Rawlins moved the Aztex to Orlando or this was the way it went down.

I still feel very un-easy that it took these types of shinanigans to move the club to Orlando. Yes it is a second home to me, but I wanted to see this thing happen the right way. I feel bad for you and all of Austin.

Because you guys did not deserve to be treated like that and have the soccer version of the Baltimore Colts running out of town in two Mayflower Moving Trucks in the middle of a winter snow storm.

2. Dan

October 26, 2010 at 8:05 pm

There is only 1 person to blame, Phil Rawlins.

3. Daniel Feuerstein

October 25, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I will try and give a call to the Aztex either tomorrow or this coming Wednesday. I’m heading down to Red Bulls Training tormorrow morning.

• Dan

October 25, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Cool Congrads on your team making the playoffs.

4. Dan

October 25, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Hey Daniel, will there be anything on Austin moving to Orlando. I was wondering if you could get Phil Rawlins on the show and ask him why. Why did he take the Aztex away from Austin, Why Did he take what could have been a great Derby between San Antonio and Austin away. I will nver support The Orlando team or USL. The way it was handled was horrible. The only person who was willing to give us a Heads up was Brian Quartstead. Thank God for Brian.

Thanks Daniel