So, the month is over and the guess are in, let’s see how you did in the ‘End of September Quiz’.
1. Who is the tallest player to have appeared in the EPL this season?
While Peter Crouch stands at a massive 6ft 7, Birmingham City’s towering new signing Nikola Zigic rises high above him at a mammoth 6ft 7 and a half. Not much in it I know, but always nice to start with a question that ignores the obvious.
2. Who is the shortest player to have appeared in the EPL this season?
Must admit this one confused me. I always had it in my mind that Shaun Wright Phillips was the smallest, but no fellow England winger Aaron Lennon is just half an inch shorter at 5 ft 5 inches.
3. Name the two players to have scored against Chelsea this season?
Bit of an easier one this, obviously Carlos Tevez scored the winner for Manchester City against the Blues at the weekend, and earlier on in September, Scott Parker’s delightful chip broke Chelsea’s unblemished defensive record.
4.Who is currently the EPL’s leading assist maker?
Manchester United winger Nani finally looks like he is coming of age this season after an impressive start. The flying Portuguese star already has six assists to his name so far this term.
5. Who has committed the most fouls in the EPL?
This award goes to Bolton’s Kevin Davies who has committed a remarkable 24 fouls already this season, seven ahead of Newcastle United’s Andy Carroll.
6. Dimitar Berbatov scored a hat-trick in Manchester Untied’s 3-2 win over Liverpool. Before then, when was his last EPL treble?
A tricky one this, but I’m sure some Spurs fans will remember the Bulgarian’s remarkable four goals in Tottenham’s 6-4 victory over Reading in late 2007.
7. Who has picked up the most bookings so far this season?
Premier League fans who listen to the commentators and pundits will have surely picked up on this statistic. Newcastle United defender James Perch set a new league record by picking up five bookings in the first five games of the season.
8. Moussa Dembele made a great start to his Fulham career, but whom did they sign him from?
It was a bit of an up and down month for Dembele who after scoring the winner in Fulham’s win over Wolves, was stretchered off in their Carling Cup game at Stoke. Dembele is now set to miss most of October, not the start he wanted after his singing from AZ Alkmaar.
9. Who was the first player to be sent off this season?
Some of you thought Lee Cattermole would have committed the most fouls in the league this term, well the fact that he has hardly been on the pitch has probably prevented him picking up that honor. Cattermole was sent off in Sunderland’s opening game of the season after just 44 minutes.
10. Owen Hargreaves returned to Manchester United training this month, but when and who against did he last make a Premier League start?
Okay a hard one to the end the quiz. Do you remember United’s 4-1 victory over West Ham that took them on the brink of the title in 2008? Well Hargreaves started that game at right back, and that was his last Premier League start way back on May 3rd 2008.
So all in all another exciting month of Premier League football. My personal moment of the month was Everton’s dramatic comeback against Manchester United, while my player was of the month was probably Dimitar Berbatov, just simply for his stunning display against Liverpool.
What are your thoughts? Who excelled in September?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Euro glory would make Liverpool the best ever: McManaman
- Liverpool’s Salah eyes Champions League revenge against Real
- Claims stemming from Australia football probe referred to police
- Liverpool eye revenge against Real Madrid in Champions League final rematch
- Chile name Argentine Berizzo as new coach after World Cup qualification failure
- Canada Soccer cancels Iran football friendly: statement
- Paris readies for Liverpool fan invasion
- How to watch Champions League Final for free without cable
- Aston Villa to sign Sevilla defender Diego Carlos
- RB Salzburg midfielder Aaronson joins Leeds