While a Patrick Vieira goal was enough to rescue a point for Manchester City against Blackburn a draw won’t be good enough to satisfy City’s ever demanding owners and fans. But expect more results of a similar nature as sides adjust to City’s new statute.
City’s vast spending over the last few years has now taken them in to a different bracket of Premier League class. Sam Allardyce and his side would have been more than happy with a point before the start of the game, and I hazard a guess that a point would have still been widely accepted even after Rovers took a 25th minute lead through Niko Kalinic.
Unfortunately this is what comes with been considered as a ‘top’ side in the Premier League. Unless they are playing another ‘top’ side, most visitors to Eastlands will opt to sit back and soak up City pressure, looking to counter with devastating consequences.
The likes of Chelsea and Manchester United have to deal with this in every single one of their home games, but what makes them so successful is their ability to break teams down and get the valuable goals that leads to subsequent comfortable wins.
You can’t help but think this ability to battle your way to wins only comes with experience. While City have got a select few that have won titles around Europe, they haven’t got a vast amount of winning experience.
I think eventually this experience will come, but this season I think it will be the main reason why City don’t achieve Premier League success this season. I think against the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United, City will be fine. But against the Premier Leagues lesser clubs I can City dropping crucial points that hold back their charge for their maiden Premier League title.
I’d be interested in to hearing your thoughts. Was the draw to Blackburn just a minor blip? Can City be successful this season and if so What would be a successful season for City
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family