Connect with us

General

Roy Hodgson Is A Saint After Turkish Journalist Interrupts Press Conference (Video)

Roy Hodgson is a saint. Well, not exactly, but if you wanted to get a good indication of what type of person he is and how much patience he has, watch the above video of yesterday’s Liverpool press conference after Liverpool’s 1-0 win over Trabzonspor.

A Turkish journalist staggered in front of Hodgson while he was answering a question.The journalist proceeded to interrupt the conference.

If you feel like a chuckle, definitely take a look.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
8 Comments

8 Comments

1. vinnie

August 22, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I didn’t want Rafa to go and certainly wanted King Kenny to be the replacement but Woy has certainly earned my respect over the month

2. Mens Sportswear

August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am

Excellent. I’m a Utd fan, but I can’t help but like old Woy. Really is a class manager. I’m in the boat of “I dont like Liverpool, but I kinda want Woy to do well”…

3. Patrick

August 20, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I hurts me to see him leave Fulham but the guy is class and I hope he does well.

4. TGov

August 20, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Roy sure seems to be a class act, I really hated to see him go from Fulham, we will miss him. I hope he does well at Liverpool, and as much as it pains me, I will root for them as long as they aren’t playing the bottom half 😉

5. Jeff

August 20, 2010 at 5:10 pm

That is pretty funny

6. Phil McThomas

August 20, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Love his throw-back accent. Very Ealing Studios, Carry On Up The Mersey.

7. brn442

August 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm

It speaks volumes of the man’s temperament. Devils advocates points are well taken: Hodgson is no nonsense but fair. His players will respect him but not play with fear the way English players do with Cappello and his over coaching.

Last night, seeing Babel play as a striker and actually scoring and Ngog being pushed into possibly being a senior strike partner for Torres this past Sunday is promising to say the least. It shows how poor Benitez’s man management skills truly were and the lack of faith he had in his own players. I don’t know how Liverpool’s season will end but I can’t see them being any worse than the last.

It’s amazing that Hodgson is the first English manager of a so-called top four side in over 14 years – I hope it will not be the last.

8. Devils Advocate

August 20, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Priceless!!..Wonderful composure and retort at the offending journalist. Great example of the British dry sense of humour. That soft exterior masks a steely inside.