Connect with us

General

Football Manager 2011: Sneak Preview (Video)

It’s incredible to think of all of the enhancements that are made to Football Manager year after year. The game becomes closer to real life football management with each release. And now we have a sneak peek of what will be featured in Football Manager 2011 which will be released before the end of 2010.

Sports Interactive, who produce the game, have released a video interview featuring SI Studio Director Miles Jacobson where he describes many of the new features in FM 2011. Plus, the video shows ‘work in progress’ versions of the improved match engine.

Some of the new features include:

• New live contract negotiation system,
  • New conversational player interaction, and improved board and backroom staff interaction,
  • New match preparation system, and a revamped training module,
  • Massively improved match view with player emotions, improved graphics and goal celebrations,
  • More immersive in-game news service, and
  • Dynamic league reputations.

In Europe, the game is tentatively scheduled for release on October 29, 2010. And it’ll be released in North America before Christmas 2010.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
9 Comments

9 Comments

1. Lyle

October 20, 2010 at 7:09 pm

FM is one of the best computer game series ever. It is high end goodness. I can’t see how people could play this or want to play this on an iPhone though. Not my idea of fun.

2. Shakira

August 16, 2010 at 7:05 pm

This game is great and god knows it has cost me a few good grades while in college. I can do things like get rid of Robbie Savage and enjoy that. I can’t wait for FM 11.

3. james

August 16, 2010 at 3:28 pm

The game is great because it’s so immersive.

4. Anarchy Ant

August 16, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I’m a newbie to the FM franchise (having logged about 60 hours total, all in FM 2010) but I am super excited about this new version as they seem to be specifically addressing some of the things that bug me.

5. Phil McThomas

August 16, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Sorry, I’m going to take a contrarian view here.

I stopped playing this game around 2003 when it became necessary to spend less time playing games and more times setting up training routines and tactics.

I just watched the first minute or so of the video and I’m already nodding off to sleep. Agent types? Negotiating contracts? Wake me up when it’s Saturday, please!

Is there a better football manager game for people like me? I’d happily sacrifice realism for fun. I strong multi-player game, so I could go up against my mates, would be a huge plus.

• The Gaffer

August 16, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Good point Phil. The game is too intimidating to me from a perspective of the amount of time it requires. With kids and a family, I don’t want to dive into a game like Football Manager where it sucks up too much time. That’s why I enjoy playing FIFA with the kids on a Wii. It takes a minute to set up and it’s over in 10. It’s a totally different experience, but it would be nice if there was a FM lite version for people who don’t have as much time to invest.

• Mrdja91zr

August 22, 2010 at 5:44 am

Well Phil then you should go and buy Fifa Manager or championship manager and “play”. The guys at SI want to make a football manager simulation, and that’s exactly what they are doing. peace 🙂

6. Steed

August 16, 2010 at 11:36 am

Agreed, best game ever. I buy every two years cuz I don’t have enough time to play. I can’t wait to see how much better the game will be after two years of improvements.

7. Rob McCluskey

August 16, 2010 at 6:05 am

Its the best game ever made, I’ve racked up almost 400 hours on the 2010 version!