Benitez has finally arrived at Inter Milan, the Spanish manager has signed a two-year contract to bind himself with the European champions. It seems that while Benitez is a great manager, he certainly is perceived as defensive. And while Benitez has said that he likes Jose Mourinho’s old 4-2-3-1 system, it seems like he’ll certainly be changing up the players…
While it seems like the deal for Mascherano is done, there are plenty of other players that Inter Milan will look to splash some cash on, especially if Maicon and Milito leave for Real Madrid. Replacement for the right-back would probably be Lichtsteiner, but Dani Alves would be the dream replacement. As for Milito, the names being mentioned are Carlos Tevez, Fernando Torres, Kun Aguero, and maybe Higuain from Real Madrid.
Plenty of star names are being mentioned, but Inter Milan will also try and go for a couple of youngsters, the first being Lyon’s left-back/wing-back/winger Michel Bastos. A very promising Brazilian who is currently playing with Brazil in the 2010 World Cup who has already attracted envoys from Inter to see him in live action. Another young talent could be Mesut Ozil, who is currently a free agent having just finished playing this season for Bundesliga side, Werder Bremen. The young German lit up the World Cup playing with Germany as he helped demolish Australia 4-0, and he will probably be one of the emerging stars from this World Cup.
With Benitez’s arrival, we have also seen Quaresma’s departure and Castellazzi’s arrival. The Portuguese winger was sold to Besiktas for 7.5 million euros and has been a major disappointment for Inter Milan fans, only scoring one goal for Inter thanks to a lucky deflection. Castellazzi on the other hand has arrived to replace the aging Toldo and Orlandoni, and while Castellazzi isn’t very young at 34, he’s certainly a more solid replacement. If Inter were able to get rid of Orlandoni and Toldo, we could also see Vid Belec begin to make some appearances in the goal-keeper role.
Inter Milan have also bought McDonald Mariga and Jonathan Biabiany, both very promising young player who could begin to revolutionize the team with a younger group of players. Along with them two, we could see Rene Khrin and Joel Obi begin to step up to the plate as the Rafa revolution takes over…
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family