In the United States, it’s one of those long holiday weekends, which are a rarity. It’s time to remember the fallen heroes who have died while in military service for the United States.
It’s also an opportunity to spend time with the family, have BBQ’s, visit the beach and more — which is why I haven’t had a chance to watch the friendly this morning that involved Japan against England. I’ll watch the match later and will share my thoughts. But in the meantime, I wanted to give you the opportunity to voice your own opinions from the game particularly how England did and what your observations were regarding the players who are fighting to make the final 23.
Also, on behalf of EPL Talk, I’d like to wish you a happy Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for your loyalty.
UPDATE: I finally got around to watching the Japan against England game, after a very busy holiday weekend with my family. In truth, there wasn’t a whole lot to talk about. It’s so difficult to discern any great observations from friendlies because friendlies are so deceiving. Neither team is playing at 100% for fear of aggravating injuries. There were glimmers of promise. But it’s hard to be too critical when it’s a friendly. Let’s wait and see what happens on the big day. And boy will June 12th be a big day to see how England performs on the world stage.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas