Bayern Munich have failed in their attempt to overturn the ban imposed on Franck Ribery who is now confirmed to miss the Champions League final in Madrid. This is considered as a big blow for the Bavarian club considering the French star was hitting form in the latter stages of the Bundesliga and the Champions League.
Ribery was sent-off against Lyon for a stamp and was given a three-match suspension by UEFA. Bayern attempted to get the ban reduced yet UEFA turned down the German club’s initial appeal leaving the Germans with no option but to resort to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Unfortunately for Bayern, CAS decided against overturning the suspension and the Bavarians will now have to take on Inter without one of their star players. Ribery’s absence will be felt considering most of the attention will now turn to fellow star Arjen Robben who will probably be given special treatment by the Nerazzurri. The advantage for Inter is the fact they do not have to divide their attention between the two stars and can now focus on restricting the movement and opportunities falling for the Dutchman.
Inter were able to contain Barcelona’s star Lionel Messi who is considered by many as the world’s best play on current form. As such it will not shocking if the Nerazzurri succeeding in taking Robben out of the game with some tight marking or perhaps by limiting the number of times he actually gets the ball from his teammates. Bayern will be looking to Robben for creativity and the Nerazzurri will aim to cut the supply of passes to the Dutchman in order to deprive him of the opportunity to threaten Inter’s goal.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family