Just when you thought things would get interesting after the World Cup ends, now we are finding out that the heat and the excitement has turned up a bit hotter. This late report from The Sun in London has Thierry Henry already signing a pre-contract with the New York Red Bulls.
If this is true he can’t play for the club till after the World Cup and after MLS transfer window opens in the middle of July. But with one rumor getting more tantalizing by the minute, the other is Brazilian Midfielder Ze Roberto leaving Hamburg of the German Bundasliga and coming to the Cathedral of Football that is Red Bull Arena.
To have Ze Roberto behind both Juan Pablo Angel and Henry this attack could be lethal and with the good start that RBNY has had to the season (Yes the LA Galaxy are playing lights out and destroying everyone in sight at the moment), it would be very interesting to see what could happen in the second half of the season.
If you saw on the live stream from the Red Bulls official website of their US Open Cup Qualifier against the New England Revolution, it really doesn’t matter who is on the first team or the second. All the players are doing a job and when they get their chance to show what they are made of, it’s no mercy on who their opponent is.
But at the moment every single supporter of the New York Red Bulls just went to the supermarket on a late night run and got tons & tons of Kleenex tissue boxes to wipe the drool off their mouths. Yes we all know about the Hand Ball incident against the Republic of Ireland in the second leg of the World Cup UEFA Qualifying playoffs. To be honest while that was a horrible thing he did to the Irish, it doesn’t mean we here in the NYC Tri-State Area are shunning him because he is that good of a talent and we all know that he still has the talent to attack the net and score at will.
While Salou Ibrahim has done a decent job being Angel’s strike partner at the time, the truth in all this is that New York City needs to have Henry to make a statement in the city that never sleeps and the Red Bulls need another superstar in World Football to make Red Bull Arena shine and sparkle at night.
You can bring in the top clubs from Europe and South America for pre-season or international exhibitions to showcase this fabulous Arena and earn some respect from the other side. But honestly while it’s nice to have these things happen, this club needs to bring in the top players from the world and help earn some hardware, either domestically and or internationally.
If Hans Backe & Erik Soler continue with the good fortune and the right chemistry, it feels like this club will finally start earning some hardware a bit earlier than they had envisioned.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Sheffield United vs. Sunderland on US TV
- Where to find Boca Juniors vs. Rosario Central on US TV
- Where to find Dynamo Kyiv vs. Benfica on US TV
- Muscat shrugs off Iniesta threat as Asian Champions League returns
- USMNT World Cup kits real or fake? Combing through the clues
- Brighton sign Ecuador’s Estupinan from Villarreal
- PSV rescue Rangers draw as Obispo spares Benitez’s blushes in Champions League play-offs
- Ex-Man Utd star Giggs admits to lifelong infidelity in court testimony
- Our 6 way-too-early reactions to 2022/23 Premier League season
- Van Dijk says Nunez must ‘control himself’ after Liverpool red card