Inter Milan have won the Coppa Italia at the Stadio Olimpico against Roma in the final. While the 1-0 score-line might suggest a boring and defensive game, the match was full of excitement even after the 90 minutes.
The first few minutes of the match were characterized by Sneijder coming off injured after a heavy challenge from Nicolas Burdisso (on loan to Roma from Inter) and being replaced by Balotelli. After that Inter were always attacking, creating plenty of chances, and having a goal ruled invalid for a very close offside, Inter Milan eventually found the breakthrough. Diego Milito was released into the box and with three defenders on him he lashed a shot into the top left corner. The match was opened and full of action after the half with Juan missing an open goal, and other chances put to waste. Eventually in the 88th minute, the pressure was to much for Totti, and as Balotelli was cutting in towards the box, the Roma captain decided to kick the young Italian (with force) from behind. This resulted in Totti’s direct expulsion which he didn’t contest, Inter Milan finished the match off and claimed their 6th Coppa Italia in Roma’s stadium. Plenty of action happened after the match too, a fan ran onto the pitch and tried to attack Cambiasso, but was quickly stopped, and it was revealed that Balotelli had been provoking Totti during the match, causing the Roma captain to hoof the Inter Milan player.
With one down and two to go, it seems like Inter can really pull the treble off, all that’s missing is the scudetto and the Champions League. The title race is relatively straightforward for Inter Milan, as long as they win the remaining two matches then the title is theirs. The Champions League on the other hand is very different, Inter have to face a strong Bayern Munich team in Madrid, and although it will be difficult, it seems possible for Inter Milan to win the treble and make history.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find LA Galaxy vs. Seattle Sounders on US TV
- Where to find Norwich City vs. Millwall on US TV
- Indian women footballers face uncertain future after FIFA ban
- Napoli on the up after hot start, big transfer deals
- Werner says Leipzig can still ‘annoy’ Bayern despite early season stumbles
- Liverpool clash threatens more misery for Man Utd
- Barcelona looking for ‘patience’ despite spending spree
- Will Mbappe and Neymar flourish together this season for PSG?
- Qatar buses feel the World Cup heat in tournament test
- Scamacca opens West Ham account in Conference League win