ESPN The Magazine recently announced the chance of a lifetime contest that will award one lucky winner (and a guest) a week long dream trip to South Africa for this summer’s World Cup finals. Wanna see Rooney bang home a brace against Tim Howard and the United States? Maybe a Donovan penalty will see the USMNT through to the round of 16?
Regardless of who you’ll be supporting, getting to South Africa is sure to be the hardest part of the World Cup experience. Why not let ESPN pay for your trip? If you don”t have an extra few thousand dollars or pounds laying around, this may be the contest for you. Here’s how to enter.
The contest itself is quite simple. Make sure you’re at least 18 and film a short video telling ESPN The Magazine and Sony why they should pick you for the trip to South Africa. Sounds simple, but there’s one small catch. Video entries should be no more than a minute and must contain the use of a soccer ball in some capacity.
Guidelines stress the importance of being creative when submitting the audition. Need a little inspiration for your audition? Be sure to check out the official contest site and view some special celebrity videos for ideas. Celebrity appearances include Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and the Sklar Bros.
Pay special attention to the video from one of my favorite Mancunians, the actor Dominic Monaghan, who displays some impressive dribbling skills (he’s sure to never get LOST on a football pitch).
The contest videos must be submitted by May 15th, so don’t spend too much time attending film school in hopes you’ll be able to wow the judges. Good luck shall you decide to enter, and for that one lucky winner, remember the author of this post when it comes to deciding who your +1 should be.
I pack light and am prone to bribe.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Women to referee at World Cup finals for first time
- Marseille’s Kamara in for Pogba in France Nations League squad
- Frank optimistic Eriksen will stay at Brentford
- Flick recalls Reus in strong Germany squad
- New Man Utd manager Ten Hag to attend Palace finale – reports
- Bale deserves good Real Madrid farewell, says Ancelotti
- Gabon star Aubameyang retires from international football
- Bale named in Wales squad for World Cup play-off final
- ‘Blood, sweat and tears’ pays off for Abraham as he eyes European glory
- Frankfurt rule out big-name signings despite Europa League windfall