In a recent post entitled Paul Scholes He Scores,…..Blunders, I asked readers of EPL Talk to leave comments remembering the most odd or freakishly scored goals they’d ever witnessed. The feedback was moderate at best, until my Father of all people recently stumbled upon what has to be the gem of all gems.
The Helicopter piloting, firearm collecting Father of two, along with my mother, spent enough time at a soccer pitch with my brother and I that this post and his mention may subconsciously be serving as a sort of thank you for my footballing origins. Regardless of my intentions, the video below should be odd and worthy enough to place at least in the top 5 weirdest goals of all time and get you past my family swooning.
So here it is. This video recently found it’s way onto the Internet and in a short few days to a week has created a massive amount of buzz. As you’ll soon see, the video features two sides in lower league German football, TSV Wimsheim and TSV Grunbach. Mother Nature is obviously a supporter of Wimsheim as she cheekily “blows” the ball back into the Grunbach net after what looks to be a routine goal kick.
Pay close attention to the initial reaction of the supporters in attendance. When they first see the wind catch the ball, you’ll hear chuckles and laughing, but when the ball takes it’s unexpected dive backwards and into the Grunbach net, one ecstatic German celebrates as if his club have just won the European Cup. Priceless.
If there’s a more freakishly scored goal out there, I for one haven’t witnessed it. If for some reason you feel you can top that, feel free to share a link or leave a comment below. Enjoy the football.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Hungary vs. Italy on US TV
- Where to find England vs. Germany on US TV
- Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount+ provide the best games for less
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar