Manchester United is for sale and is the subject of a takeover at a bargain price of £1.2 million according to The Daily Express. Except that it isn’t £1.2 million, it’s £1.2 billion (they flubbed the headline). And if The Daily Express can’t get the headline correct, how trustworthy is the actual story itself?
You can see the headline flub here (until they correct their mistake).
As for the story itself, the article contains no quotes from anyone about a supposed Manchester United takeover and there’s no attribution about the supposed story of United putting feelers out to Middle East buyers. Typical Express rubbish.
In the meantime, for a serious article by a much more qualified publication, read David Conn’s piece in The Observer in Sunday entitled The Premier League On Borrowed Time.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season