With the gap widening between Barcelona and Real Madrid and the rest of the league, Valencia, Deportivo La Coruña, and the other potential contenders need to keep winning and hope that the top two slip on some wet spots along the way. Real Madrid will visit the cathedral, San Mamés, against Athletic Bilbao, and Barcelona will face Sevilla for the third time in eleven days, looking for some revenge after Sevilla knocked them out of the Copa del Rey.
Other matches to watch include Deportivo La Coruña’s visit to the Balearic Islands archipelago in a top-six clash against a Mallorca club who has won every single match at home in all competitions and the Valencia – Villarreal match to end the round, as it will compete with Barça – Sevilla for the best brand of pure football played this weekend.
The times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST) and include the pregame pleasantries, although sometimes the matches on the DIRECTV La Liga specific channels may not go to match coverage until right before kickoff.
Osasuna vs. Espanyol – 11:55 AM on Gol TV
Athletic Bilbao vs. Real Madrid – 1:55 PM on Gol TV
Barcelona vs. Sevilla – 3:55 PM on ESPN Deportes/ESPN 360
Almería vs. Tenerife – 10:45 AM on DirecTV channel 456
Racing Santander vs. Real Valladolid – 10:45 AM on DirecTV channel 457
Málaga vs. Getafe – 10:45 AM on DirecTV channel 458
Mallorca vs. Deportivo La Coruña – 10:55 AM on ESPN Deportes/ESPN 360
Atlético Madrid vs. Sporting Gijón – 12:55 PM on Gol TV
Valencia vs. Villarreal – 2:55 PM on ESPN Deportes/ESPN 360
Unfortunately, the Real Zaragoza – Xerez matchup at La Romareda will not be seen on US TV.
Copa del Rey
The second legs of the Round of 16 proved to be some of the most gripping matches of the Spanish football season. A controversial penalty in the 90th minute sent Segunda División side Celta de Vigo past Villarreal, plucky Alcorcón finally surrendered as they could not find the tie-winning goal against confident Racing Santander, and Nikola Zigic fired two early headers for Valencia, only to see Filipe Luís Kasmirski single-handedly bring Deportivo La Coruña into the quarterfinals with a goal and an assist in the second half.
Also, Andrés Palop performed his best Lev Yashin interpretation as Sevilla held on to deny Pep Guardiola his first trophy in seven competitions as Barcelona’s manager, Mallorca fought through tropical storm-like conditions on the island to nab their ticket to the final eight in the last few minutes of the match, and Atlético Madrid put their fans through hell and back as they scored the four goals needed to advance, then gave up a cheap goal to Recreativo Huelva to hand them a place in the quarterfinals, went down to ten men, then scored their fifth goal to seal it from a Simão Sabrosa free-kick special. The quarterfinals can only hope to recreate the excitement and drama of the previous round.
Mallorca vs. Getafe – 1:55 PM on ESPN Deportes/ESPN 360
Deportivo La Coruña vs. Sevilla – 3:55 PM on ESPN Deportes/ESPN 360
Racing Santander vs. Osasuna – 1:55 PM on Gol TV
Atlético Madrid vs. Celta de Vigo – 3:55 PM on Gol TV
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Premier League All-Star game reportedly still in the works
- Christopher Nkunku already completed Chelsea medical – reports
- Bundesliga adds two new statistics to broadcast, app
- EPL commentator schedule: October 1-3
- American businessman reportedly in talks to buy Everton
- Alfie Haaland suggests his son could soon leave Manchester City
- How DAZN acquiring Eleven Sports affects soccer fans in USA
- Where to find Puebla vs. América on US TV
- Where to find Hull City vs. Luton Town on US TV
- Iran national team stands in solidarity after nation erupts in turmoil