Southampton and Wales legend Ron Davies is the latest guest on the EPL Talk Podcast, the daily Premier League interview and analysis show.
To say that Davies is a legend to Southampton supporters is an understatement. In his first season with the Saints, Davies scored an incredible 43 goals. Heralded as “the best centre forward in Europe” by Matt Busby and the “best header of the ball” by teammate Mick Channon, Davies was a one-of-a-kind goalscorer whose feats included scoring four goals against Manchester United at Old Trafford, four goals against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and four goals against Aston Villa. Between 1966-69, he scored 90 times in 123 league games. It’s no wonder that football commentator Martin Tyler names Davies as his hero.
In addition to playing for Southampton, Davies also played for Manchester United, Norwich City, Luton Town, Chester City, LA Aztecs, Seattle Sounders and other teams, as well as for his country, Wales.
In this exclusive interview, Davies discusses:
- his memories of that day in 1969 when he scored four against Man United at Old Trafford,
- what it was like to play alongside George Best in the NASL and what Harry Redknapp was like at Seattle Sounders,
- the story of how he got discovered as a young footballing talent,
- what it was like playing for Wales against England and Brazil, and playing alongside John Toshack, Wyn Davies and other Welsh legends, and
- the secret to his success of how he was able to jump so much higher than his opponents during football matches.
This is a must-listen interview with a legend of football who is definitely a gentle giant of this beautiful game.
Don’t forget that the EPL Talk Podcast is the only Premier League interview and analysis podcast available for free. In the past few weeks, we’ve interviewed legends of the game such as Steve McManaman, Efan Ekoku, Martin Chivers and Robbie Earle as well as experts such as Declan Hill, Simon Kuper, Misha Sher, Matt Dickinson and many others. Why pay $40 a year to rival podcasts when you can subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast for FREE featuring interviews with the biggest names in football?
Plus stayed tuned for upcoming interviews coming this week including John Harkes (of Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County fame) and more. Plus you can hear interviews on our sister podcast MLS Talk with Thomas Dooley, Jaime Moreno, Jimmy Conrad, Sacha Kljestan and Stuart Holden.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas
- England can’t win the World Cup without Jude Bellingham
- Qatar calls up hundreds of civilians to provide security at World Cup
- Michael Sheen send-off speech fires up Wales prior to World Cup
- Massive brawl at pub stains England vs Germany match
- Where to find Argentina vs. Jamaica on US TV
- Where to find Brazil vs. Tunisia on US TV
- Where to find Mexico vs. Colombia on US TV