Well, “Atlanta”. It’s actually in Kennesaw, on the grounds of Kennesaw State University. Kennesaw is in Cobb County, northwest of Atlanta-proper.
Did you know that everyone in Kennesaw has to own a gun? They don’t enforce that law, but it is on the books. Has been since ’82, I believe. But that’s just being random, on to the story…
Steven Goff broke the news today, although the secret wasn’t exactly well kept by the Atlanta Beat or Kennesaw State. The stadium will seat about 8,300 and looks a little like Rochester’s stadium. It’s somewhat remarkable in a way, since the stadium is so closely tied to the Atlanta Beat, it means Greater Atlanta now has two professional soccer stadiums, this one and Re/Max Greater Atlanta Stadium in Chamblee, where the Atlanta NASL team will play.
Of course, neither is actually in Atlanta, and Herndon Stadium is just sitting there these days thanks to Morris Brown being so badly managed financially. But beggers can’t be choosers, and at this point we’re still beggers. Soccer stadiums of any kind are better than playing in cramped high school stadiums with narrow athletics tracks around the fields. In truth, Atlanta is setting an example for other metro areas in the US in regards to soccer infrastructure, and being a Charlottean, it’s not easy for me to compliment Atlanta. I’m looking at you, Houston.
Hopefully many more are on the way.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas