Yesterday, FIFpro the federation of international football players got involved in MLS’ increasingly messy labor dispute by issuing a strongly worded statement which among other things, referred to MLS as a cartel. Do you agree with the MLSPU’s decision to engage FIFpro, who has a strong relationship with FIFA as evidenced by many player related issues in Europe? Or do you believe this is an internal matter that should be settled in a domestic manner without outside interference or agitation?
FIFpro often works on larger player and labor issue outside of specific federations or domestic leagues. By reaching out to FIFpro, the MLSPU has made its ongoing dispute with MLS’ owners an international matter. I happen to agree with the players actions for many reasons, including MLS’ continued failure to adhere to FIFA’s guidelines and statutes about player contracts, free agency and player transfers.
For more information on this story, please check out Simon Evans piece for Reuters.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Will FOX broadcast the World Cup in 4K?
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights