Connect with us

Nike

USA World Cup 2010 Home Jersey: Leaked Photo

usa-away-soccer-jersey-front

Photographs of the USA’s home jersey for the 2010 World Cup have been leaked.

Designed and manufactured by Nike, the new design features a white shirt with a prominent diagonal line across the front of the shirt, which is a tribute to the 1950 US World Cup squad who famously defeated England 1-0 in one of the greatest shocks in world football.

The US World Cup uniform for the 2010 World Cup features accompanying white shorts and white socks. In the above photograph, you can see the design feature. To me, it’s simple but elegant.

The leaked photograph of the new home jersey adds considerable weight to the possibility that the two other shirts leaked on the Internet are also real. The designs are strikingly similar.

For the complete collection of World Cup shirts for all 32 teams in this summer’s tournament, be sure to visit our sister site World Cup Buzz.

UPDATE: You can buy the shirt now via this banner:

As mentioned before, here are the sneak-peeks of the away and third jerseys for the United States squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa:

usa-world-cup-shirt

USMNTshirt

What are your thoughts about the new home, away and third shirts for the United States men’s national team? Click below to share your feedback.

Tip of the hat to: Avoiding the Drop and Football Shirt Culture.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
246 Comments

246 Comments

1. Cesar

March 19, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Anyone know how the new kits will look that will debut against Argentina?

2. hussien

December 24, 2010 at 11:26 am

fack you

3. Cale Coelho

July 4, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I firmly believe that the United States flag is one of the most beautiful flags in the entire world, but have been disappointed on the recent designs by Nike. I believe that if the USSF changed sponsorships to ADIDAS, they could design a shirt that vibrantly reflects our starts and stripes or even include a symbol of our nations bird…the golden eagle. A shash across the chest and having the entire uniform in all white, just doesn’t sell me as a national symbol shirt reflecting our flag. If NIKE can come up with a totally different design, then now is the time to do it. If not, move over to ADIDAS.

4. alex

July 1, 2010 at 7:08 pm

awesome but it looks like a beauty pageant sash its cool

5. Anthony Carrasco

June 26, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hey watch it ! ! !
    I liked that movie. (Little Miss Sunshine)

6. CVH

June 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm

When I first saw this kit, I thought, “wow, Miss Congeniality.” Why a sash? Today, I still think it is terrible. Like the US team, it lacks creativity. Even though Im American, I hate Nike. Who keep in mind I did not realize made the jersey when I first saw it. Nike is a joke company. I think its funny the commercial with Ronaldinho. Did they fail to realize he is not even on the squad? That in fact Fabiano took his place. Apparently, only after the Cup began did it dawn on them, hence the new Robinho commercials. What a joke. Image is everything, haha.

Favorite Uniforms: Spain, hands down. Germany (similar to Spain). Uruguay (love those socks).

But, seriously, no wonder American fashion is a laughing stock.

7. TheDude

June 22, 2010 at 5:11 pm

whoever voted for these needs to step down immediately and give the job to someone who doesn’t have ‘judge for little miss sunshine pageant’ on their resume…

8. Kuma

June 22, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that this uniform was made to be based on the uniforms from the American Revolutionary War? It looks pretty awesome to me.

9. sexybanana

June 21, 2010 at 5:23 am

create my jersey for me

10. JK

June 18, 2010 at 11:37 am

Well it is drastically different than the other World Cup teams, and it does make a bold statement at least the contrasting sash ones… I don’t think it’s pretty but it doesn’t look half bad on the field, and it make the US player EASILY distinguishable…

11. Anthony Carrasco

June 15, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Brilliant…Well put Sally.

12. JR

June 13, 2010 at 2:20 pm

the new jerseys look sweet, home and away…also, it’s kinda ridiculous that some people won’t support their nations soccer team because of their jerseys tho…nice one.

13. TC

June 12, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Yep.

14. TC

June 12, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Actually thought some genius from Nike wanted to pay tribute to the storied Minute Men of years gone by – but this look is a frigging farce. Can we just create a clean, no nonsense jersey, that says we are better than you? For F’s sake.

15. jendry

June 12, 2010 at 11:19 pm

brasiil campeon

16. arnold

June 12, 2010 at 4:22 pm

anyone who doesnt like this uniform is radiating pure stupidity…seriously?

17. Rick

June 10, 2010 at 12:05 pm

So, what do the 3 stars stand for?
    USA???

• Colin

June 10, 2010 at 3:42 pm

They stand for the 3 world cups that we will never win =P

18. HercGomez

June 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm

WHAT COLOR JERSEY IS THE US WEARING vs ENGLAND THIS SATURDAY??!!

19. Nick

June 6, 2010 at 8:10 pm

This is what I think the USA crest should look like. It is the actual crest of our country. The flying soccer ball is so lame.

20. Anthony Carrasco

June 6, 2010 at 7:54 pm

wolfman, I’m feeling your femin side…if we’re going for sexy maybe we could slap some lipstick on Landon and Onyewu. What about some shoulder pads for Beasley and Bocanegra…what if we make the shorts spandex tight for the keeper.

We can always obligate them to rip off their jerseys and dance to the “Rockettes” at halftime…that would be something, huh?

21. wolfman

June 6, 2010 at 7:23 pm

i love the U.S. team but they have got to quite with these lame jerseys. to often are we trying to give the jersey some sort of retro look.why don’t we try to create new looks all together, ones that will become the future retro looks that we try to imitate. this in mind we need to give the national jerseys a little bit more of a modern sexy look, something simple. something that says we are team U.S.A.

22. F2010

June 6, 2010 at 10:24 am

Well, it looks good. The German “Mannschaft” will have dark black jersey’s, which looks kinda “kreepy” 😛

23. The Region

June 4, 2010 at 3:32 am

The new jerseys are okay but the 08-09 jerseys were better specailly the US 3rd blue jersey. I’ve been looking for that one to buy but can’t find it anywhere.

24. croden

June 3, 2010 at 6:10 pm

the jersey is not awesome.

25. Dave

May 30, 2010 at 2:51 pm

While we are at it, why hasn’t anyone commented on the sh**tty design of the colors of this website. It makes my eyes sore switching between the grren and white backgrounds!

• The Gaffer

May 30, 2010 at 7:50 pm

You’re the first Dave.

26. Paul

May 16, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I really hope Donovan picks up the CUP. I for one like the white one and the story behind it. US whoop them Brits please. I will be cheering for you all the way from URUGUAY. A US NAVY Deported veteran.

27. Mr. Wisdom

May 16, 2010 at 5:16 pm

The uniforms are nice!!!!!!!!!! I really like the red one the best. I like that fact that is has a history connection and adds to the US soccer tradition.

28. Dan

May 12, 2010 at 3:33 am

THEY MADE THIS JERSEY IN HONOR OF THE 1950 SQUAD THAT BEAT ENGLAND!!!!!!ITS SUPPOSED TO LOOK RETRO AND PLAIN!!SO WHO CARES IF ANY OF U RETARDS LIKE IT OR NOT,CAUSE IT REPRESENTS THE GREATEST VICTORY USA HAS EVER HAD!!!!

29. Doug

May 10, 2010 at 3:29 am

I like the home and third kits, but the away blue is too light. it should be navy like our actual colors. They are a little bland, but I like the throwback idea. However, seeing the kits for the other teams that nike has put together, I think they slacked off on their home country.

30. USA Jerseys

May 9, 2010 at 7:12 am

The new design is really great.
    Unlike the older one, this one is best seller on the official FIFA2010Products.com website and do carry over the free scarf

31. kyven

May 8, 2010 at 10:40 am

what do you ppl wnt it is a USA kit show some pride in the team and stop crying about how they look , i mean are we going to high school or playing in the wrold cup ?

32. Travis Miller

May 7, 2010 at 11:48 am

Awesome, has to be the retro 1950’s jersey. US beat England at its best.

33. Kim

April 28, 2010 at 10:45 pm

does anyone know where you can buy these jerseys at?

34. Will R

April 19, 2010 at 9:32 pm

The home jersey’s come out on 4/29/10.

Does anyone have the release date for the red/third jersey’s?

35. jon

April 16, 2010 at 3:41 pm

I think these jerseys are dull, boring, and lacking any flair.

For many years I’ve been wishing that someone could design a jersey that would be worn in every tournament for many, many years. These jerseys are generic, and most Americans would never guess that these are supposed to represent the USA.

After reading thru a number of posts, finding one (thx, Vnice), and thinking about it, perhaps the one style of jersey that every american would immediately identify as meaning the USA would be a tie-dye jersey. I’m serious!

They would only need to make sure that Red, White and Blue are the primary colors. And that Blue is the dominant color for their dark jersey, and White the major color for their light jersey.

I’ve gotta keep thinking about this, but what else on this early would Americans identify as more American than tie-dye?

36. Kristopher

April 7, 2010 at 6:18 pm

I think the US needs to change their crest. I like the direction our jersey’s are going in as far as the design, but the crest needs to be updated. The whole US with a soaring soccer ball in between seems just childish.

• James

May 15, 2010 at 3:14 am

I’d have to agree.the strip looks great, i didn’t like it much at first but coming back to look at it a few months later it looks really nice and very ‘classic’. But the crest is just so big and lumping and indeed childish. Does not match the classic look of our jerseys. The 2006 world cup strip had a similar problem. it had great lines and designs but the crest was too big. I play in it as well at training and the like and it just seems to get in the way…

37. bierut

April 7, 2010 at 10:40 am

makes me want to root for another country

38. J-Hova

April 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm

The blue ones are being sold now. Any word on the white or red ones’ releases?

39. Bo

April 5, 2010 at 8:29 pm

The all white jersey is solid. Simple design yet classy. I am not digging the colored ones. I will buy one, if this is the design

40. gfmcfly

April 1, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Cmon what the hell are the designers thinking, this isn’t a beuty pageant, it’s a sport. Man I been waiting for this crap? Might as well get the Mexico black jersey (very cool). Even though I go for the USA, but man this jersey sucks big time. I sure hope they make another design or something. I wish they would make like a captain america design or something like that because this one plainly stinks!!!!!!!!

41. olivia

April 1, 2010 at 10:55 pm

white- boring
    blue- okay, would be better if the sash was more subtle like the white one
    red- looks more like trinidad & tabago
    also..the crests look like the AYSO logo

But..who cares as long as we win. Hope including the legendary sash before we happened to draw C is a sign!

42. Anthony Carrasco

April 1, 2010 at 10:50 pm

nice uniform!

43. Andy

April 1, 2010 at 9:57 pm

How racist. all white. smh

44. George

March 24, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Hey, if there is a star above it next year, who cares how it looks.

45. Che

March 22, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I love it. The usa usually has shitty jerseys. this one is a classic.

46. WiFootyFan

March 18, 2010 at 3:56 pm

You guys are missing the point. The sash is used to remember the team that got USA the right to even PLAY with the rest of the world. It’s not the first time a team has done a mild “throwback” to remember another legacy. Manchester has Chevrons on their kits this year for the same reason. Don’t worry about how they kits look, worry about how the team looks on the pitch, we have a tough first game on the 12th against England. I doubt the kit is going to make a difference.

47. xavy

March 16, 2010 at 6:34 pm

this is the best country in the world. who is in charge designing this ugly jersy doesn’t any body care in the american futball or soccer federation that they settle with this ugly design we can do better.

48. rick

March 8, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I hate the fact that Nicke/US Soccer keeps switching up the colors. We need to have one dominate color (Red) and make sure all the fans are wearing the same color just like the fans of Brazil, Mexico, Italy, etc.

I hate it that USA fans show up in three different colors. It takes away the effect in the stadium.

49. matt maccani

March 8, 2010 at 12:05 pm

what are the made out of cotton or polyester

50. Ryan

March 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm

It would look better with a navy stripe bordered by thin red stripes. I hate the all white combo with the shorts and socks, go with navy shorts.

51. julian

March 4, 2010 at 10:49 pm

So is the third shirt for the Goalie only? When are these getting released to gen public?

52. EDOWN

March 4, 2010 at 4:42 pm

This is seriously what Nike designs? Who else has input into these?

We should stage a massive boycott of Nike products (or at the very least make a ruckus on facebook to scare their marketing team) unless they redesign the kits.

53. DanteUS

March 4, 2010 at 4:43 am

The jersey’s a joke, right? If not, probably the most hideous design imaginable. At least keep it symmetrical for god’s sake….wow!

54. Jeremy

March 3, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I kinda dig the away (blue) jersey but man are the home (white) jerseys are ugly. The US hasn’t had a good looking home jersey since the 2002 World Cup. The red ones arent too shabby.

55. James

March 3, 2010 at 4:15 pm

They’re pretty cool, actually, although they do kind of make them look like bike messengers.

I also like how Nike didn’t do a “one design fits all” theme for all the teams they outfit like they have done in past World Cups.

56. Jozy

March 3, 2010 at 3:12 pm

These arent right, the blue is much darker on the real one and the trim is different. The real ones look much better.

• Todd

March 19, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I would like to know what number Clint Dempsey will wear this summer. I’m trying to order one of these…. jerseys.. yuck.

57. JBUSAFAN

March 2, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Who ever said these look good obviously had something to do with the design or is married to someone who had something to do with the design. A little over the top on how “awesome” you think they are.

@ charles “Here she is, Miss America”. Definitely said what everyone is thinking.

Why can’t we get excited about the same Jersey when it comes out every four years?

58. P Rice

March 2, 2010 at 4:36 pm

To all you naysayers out there, do a little research. There is alot of history behind this kit. US v ENG June 12th and its parallels with US v ENG 1950.

59. Anthony Carrasco

March 2, 2010 at 6:54 am

wow, i see how traumatized you are…we’ll i hope for your sake that they change the kits so you don’t have to go through all this unnecessary trauma. I’ll say a prayer for you. are you going to be ok? really, i can get you some zanex for your nerves.

60. Nathan Harris

March 2, 2010 at 4:25 am

I’m still disappointed about how lame these kits are. I really hope some of this feedback makes it’s way back to Nike. Whether these are throwback jerseys or not, they’re just plain ugly.

61. Cory

March 1, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Awesome – I’m gettin one!

62. JMA

March 1, 2010 at 5:54 pm

will the first game for the USA against England be like the 1950 world cup win?

63. Anthony Carrasco

March 1, 2010 at 5:48 pm

yeah, the logo is weak. The uniform might not be what you want it to look like but if you’re going to match up against the usa, you better bring your best side in any uniform (kit) bring it, lets see what you got…remember, you’re going to have to score to win and beat the Americans. wouldn’t it be embarrasing to lose the the Amerikans?..lol, you better not lose, because you’ll be discussing more that the uniforms.

64. JMA

March 1, 2010 at 5:40 pm

this jersey’s remond me of the USA jersey’s wore in the 1950 world cup and when they beat ENGLAND 1-0. yes the logo needs a change. it should show the symbol of the U.S.A. the eagle is over rated. the rattlesnake would be better, because it has more meaning.

65. The Three Lions

February 27, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Your badge looks like shit. As do these shirts.Why don’t you have a bald eagle on it or something. This badge looks like something a cartoon superhero would have.
    Also, why are you wearing white kits? We wear white, you should dress up like Captain America or something and give the rest of the world something other than your football to laugh at.

• Jon

March 1, 2010 at 5:58 pm

And what badge will you be going with? Maybe a logo of John Terry fuckin’ a catcher’s mitt? Stiff-upper lip, my ass……classless captain. I like Rooney though.

66. Daniel

February 27, 2010 at 12:06 am

Ugh. A jersey ugly enough to match our hideous, cartoony badge. A complete redesign is necessary. Our badge reminds of a retro Houston Astros logo. Eeesh

67. boo

February 26, 2010 at 11:57 pm

This jersey sucks so much I am desperate to find the 08/09 version.

68. Althea Lundquist

February 26, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Those are hideous. Too bad since the last jerseys they had were probably the best they’ve ever had. A sash? Seriously? Why?

69. Chris

February 26, 2010 at 7:14 pm

The jerseys are sick. The white one looks good and the blue one is different. We have definitely had worse World Cup jerseys (late 80’s and early 90’s). Does anybody else think our red jersey looks like spain’s jersey?

70. Justin

February 26, 2010 at 7:00 pm

The dark kit is terrible… the home kit is okay at best…The current uniforms are awesome!

71. wdpinkston

February 26, 2010 at 5:10 pm

TRASH Hire someone who knows what they are doing These jerseys look like ass! Fire nike and get addidas or someone who can design a decent uni!

72. Chris

February 26, 2010 at 4:30 pm

The new jersey looks like the jersey from 1950 when the USA beat England. So it a flash to back retro jersey. so everyone should relax

73. Jorge

February 26, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Does the Women’s national Team have better looking uniforms? Or is it just me who thinks that?

74. Adam

February 26, 2010 at 10:48 am

Horrible. We have GREAT looking kit now – why the change? It’s obvious that USSoccer and Nike are just out to make a buck. By changing kit so often, there’s little cohesion amongst fans that show up for a game. USA uniforms should be considered different than league uniforms in that they shouldn’t change every “season”.

Evoking memory of the 1950 jersey’s fine and well, but these are a step back in more than one way.

75. Jason

February 26, 2010 at 10:35 am

The home kit looks good, and if you look at the old photos of the 1950 jersey, it’s basically the same design. That’s probably why they went for it. The away jersey needs a change in coloring because the bright pastel type look is terrible.

76. TimN

February 26, 2010 at 10:21 am

PhiChitown,

Though I disagree with you about how “ugly” the new kits are, I do agree that Adidas or Umbro would make better kits. I’d prefer Umbro. I still just can’t forgive Adidas for those 94′ jerseys…

77. PhiChitown

February 25, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Why is Nike making the worst jerseys in sports. They finally struck gold with the last home white jersey, and they go and throw this crap together. Did anyone see the new France away jersey? That is what the USA jersey should look like, I wish the US used adidas or Umbro. England’s white and red a sick. I wonder if they’ll think about wearing blue 🙂

78. C

February 25, 2010 at 8:08 pm

well they are brutal shirts and it just doesn’t make dempsey look so great, but as long as they play well then i guess its the best thing to dislike

79. Colin

February 25, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Well I think think it’s unofficially official. If you go to the eurosport magazine website (www.soccer.com) in the background they have the blue jersey but no actual item in their store. Check it out, it looks a little better than the fan mock-up above!

• Colin

February 25, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Also soccer.com says USA, Holland, Portugal and Brazil Kits will be revealed tomorrow!

80. MT

February 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

anyone notice the blue shirt looks a lot like the continental army uniform?
    maybe england will wear their red kit so the sides can resemble the look of the revolutionary war.

81. Brt

February 24, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Couldn’t disagree more!!! The new kit is top notch and will look fantastic on the pitch as team USA surprise the world (in a good way)!!!!

82. TimN

February 24, 2010 at 2:52 pm

According to Footballfashion.org, the new jerseys are to be unveiled tonight against El Salvador…we’ll see. Someone above had said the unveiling would be the Netherlands match. I wonder if these are exactly what we’ll see, or a “prototype” that got leaked.

83. paul lorinczi

February 24, 2010 at 11:01 am

May the ghost of Joe Gaetjens inspire our modern Haitian hero in this kit to victory in SA.

I am a retro guy and love it.

84. Sean

February 23, 2010 at 3:43 am

Finally! The first red shirt since 1998! Red!

85. Mc

February 23, 2010 at 1:42 am

Love the white/white/white. Goes back a hundred years for the US national team. Thank you Nike!

Now about that US Soccer badge… maybe I’ll just sew the old Federation logo over it.

86. Anthony Carrasco

February 22, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Were going to do better than people expect…inch’allah.

The shirt shouldnt make a difference. The game is bigger than our petty little criticism of the design. Its a throwback, so what.
    The sache have been used by many countries : )…why should’nt we share the heavy burden. The Peruvians love the “Slache” and the Trinidadians look dashin in theirs. Nevertheless, The US will be fine, with a little luck they beat or tie England to make it out of the group.

May our boys find strengh in him..praise allah.

87. ryan

February 22, 2010 at 10:22 am

not bad once you add the number to the front and name on the back.

88. Real US Football Fan

February 21, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Im with you Reinez. I like them a lot. Simple, classy and throwback to 1950. I actually thought about getting a 1950 jersey. Now I’ll probably be getting one of these as soon as they come out.
    and what’s up with all the haters? who cares if y’all don’t like them? they wouldn’t be wearing them if the players didn’t like them and i’m pretty sure that’s all that matters.

89. Jack mcDouchebag

February 21, 2010 at 5:01 pm

WTF. R we this gay. I think the new Celtic fc bumblebee kits r better

90. Reinez

February 18, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Love them! All three are nice. You guys are a tough crowd, and crude. Not that many national teams use the slash. Why not go with the 1950 heritage? What’s with the beauty pageant allusions? Must be young fans? The “slash” has been a soccer shirt design element for generations. The slash will stand out well on the field and give instant recognition to the team and country. The current uniform is nice, too, but this is a step up, drawing on the past and making the shirt stand out. The white strip is still subtle for those that like the current white shirt. Three Lions needs to show some respect. England has a proud tradition, and I support them-just not on 12 June 2010. The USA has a long tradition of soccer, too. Yeah, the US beat England in 1950. Why not again in 2010? England has no claim on wearing white any more than the rest of the world.

91. travis

February 18, 2010 at 10:32 am

first this is 2010 not 1950, i dig a little retro but lets be creative its the WORLD CUP not friendlies i like the current style better the have an look of class to them not like a last minute decision to convert a current universal kit to a cup jersey. we should look different than any other team on the pitch not the same just different colors. i have never really liked the nike representation for our jersey

92. Bryan

February 18, 2010 at 1:08 am

Yeah they are a throw back… but that doesn’t mean they don’t look terrible. Nike could have thought of something more modern and pleasing to the eye while incorporating the traditional. These just do look like a beauty pageant gone wrong. I’ve been waiting too to get a new jersey but looks like I’m waiting till 2012 or so. And in the end when the team play’s I’ll support them, just not financially but purchasing something so hideous.

93. Brad

February 17, 2010 at 7:37 pm

The kit looks great, and I love the idea that the are supposed to resemble the 1950 squad who thumped England. Nice work

94. The Three Lions

February 16, 2010 at 11:58 am

These shirts look like shit, no style, no tradition, no three lions (lol) and what are you doing wearing white? we wear white. You can have some shite blue and red one with stars all over it and a big burger on the gut.

Come on England

95. The_Philistine

February 16, 2010 at 8:41 am

OK, there seems to be consensus that this uniform looks like a left-over from the 1970 Little Ms. Sunshine Pageant – sportswear round. I am in South Africa and should the new jersey to my colleagues. Guess what? It looks like the ‘uniform’ that a local church wears. Oh what until that hits the press. Here are some pics…

Personally, I would have favored something outrageous like a pattern based on Captain America’s uniform. Something memorable that folks would snatch off the shelves. But of course, I’m a philistine.

96. PISST OF AMERICAN

February 15, 2010 at 9:29 pm

SOMEONE NEEDS TO DROP THE NIKE CONTRACT, THE EMBLE ON THE USA TEAM SUCKS ALREADY PUT AN AMERICAN EAGLE FOR INSTANT, THE JERSEY WHY COULD IT NOT BE SOMETHING LIKE MEXICO’S JERSEY ADDIAS DID A GOOD DESIGN.

97. tmwarz

February 15, 2010 at 12:09 am

those kits are a disgrace. someone should take a sh*t on the US soccer official who approved that garbage. they would look better wearing the filthy nightshirt from some arab lowlife.

98. dalton

February 12, 2010 at 8:30 pm

the release date is set for march 3rd in a friendly against the netherlands

99. VAN

February 12, 2010 at 4:38 pm

BRING BACK THE STARS AND STRIPES FROM U.S. 1994

100. UptheChels

February 11, 2010 at 3:28 pm

The jersey is ok I just can’t stand our logo. I wish our logo had the bald eagle on it.

101. Anthony Carrasco

February 10, 2010 at 10:19 pm

these crackers have no sense of tradition and nostalgia. That throwback jersey is when the US had they’re best showing. The kit is brilliant, the “Stars and Stripes” will look good in it. Good Luck Lads! We love you! Make us proud!

Anthony in Boca Raton!

102. chickenshack

February 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm

We need to show up in the carbon fiber gray like F-117s over Bagdad!!! I don’t remember seeing any diagonal stripe in the U.S. flag… I thought we jumped ship from Great Britain uhhhh a little over 250 years ago.

103. Disgusted

February 5, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I agree with the post about the crest. The crest needs to change!!!! When compared to other nations’ crests, the US Crest looks like it was designed by a child.

The uniforms are dreadful. Only the 94 cup away jerseys are worse.

104. JT

February 3, 2010 at 11:35 am

We will see the new kits vs Netherlands on Mar 3

105. Taylor

February 2, 2010 at 4:33 pm

horrible. the last ones that came out are so much better. but are not longer available in any size above small. ridiculous. Hope they do good during the world cup though.

106. sdda

February 2, 2010 at 9:37 am

When do they come out??

107. US Soccer Movement

February 2, 2010 at 1:58 am

I hope this is just a mistake. I think Nike could come up with something way cooler. The tribute to the miracle on grass team of the 50’s is cool but they could have done it better…

108. Christian

January 31, 2010 at 11:39 pm

This looks horrendous. I’ve been waiting to see this for 3 months so I could buy a new jersey to support the USMNT. I can’t believe Nike can’t come up with something timeless and intimidating. It makes our players look like Mayor McCheese.

109. ArsenalFan

January 31, 2010 at 1:12 pm

People, its a freakn tribute to the 1950s World Cup Team, that some how beat England 1-0. Give it a freakn rest it only matters how they play and how our defense shuts down Wayne Rooney.

110. peter

January 31, 2010 at 12:45 am

they look like the clipper uniforms…nobody likes the clippers!!!

111. Stashy

January 29, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Lets hope they have 3xl so I can wear on of these pieces of poo.

112. mikey

January 26, 2010 at 7:34 am

Replace the lame crest.
    It’s wrong. USA not US.
    I saw an interesting crest with a
    “don’t tread on me” theme, which was great.
    The current stars, makes it look like we
    won three world cups.

113. Kelly

January 25, 2010 at 8:43 am

Does anyone know when these are going to be available to buy????

• The Gaffer

January 25, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Spring 2010.

114. Matt

January 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

The white is real- the red and blue were mockup’s done by someone on Big Soccer who had the leaked photo of the white. This was his guess of what the away’s would be based on what he was told. The colors should be better, the scheme might be a little different.

115. justin

January 24, 2010 at 4:18 pm

These jerseys are not very apealing. The jerseys they have been wearing are very nice and chic. I hope there are either changes or miraculously they look good on the field

116. bdub

January 23, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Yeah….Miss America meets Cpt Kirk. This is horrid. Hopefully this is a joke.

117. world cup johnny

January 23, 2010 at 8:19 am

Why is the trend away from collars? Would really like to alway see at least one of the 3 jerseys have a collar

118. Jake

January 22, 2010 at 6:20 pm

The strip is too thick. The white jersey looks nice but the other look like crayons. Plus diagonal stripes are for dictators to wear, not Americans. Go back to the two vertical stripes we had in previous kits or at least make these stripes thinner.

119. Ivan

January 22, 2010 at 11:46 am

All i know 2002 world cup jesey= best usa jersey ever!!!!!!!! both home and away so i guess best jersey’s ever!!!!! went to soccertown yesterday, saw some 2002 jerseys, felt so nice and it was extremely light, awww memories!!!!!!! and now memories haunt me, damn u frings!!!!!!!!! cheater!!!!!!

120. nickb

January 20, 2010 at 10:48 pm

the home shirt is terrible, the other two are nice

121. TimN

January 20, 2010 at 3:09 pm

IF IF IF these are real, I like the white jersey, but am not such a big fan of the red or blue. The blue one would be better with a white collar accent and no red accents. The red one would be better with a while sash and no blue accents on the sleeves.

My strong suspicion though is that these are TOTAL fakes.

122. nueve

January 19, 2010 at 9:27 am

ugly shirt. The white one is alright, kinda. I guess. But could be better. the other TWO, HORRIBLE

123. Pablo

January 19, 2010 at 1:27 am

No me gusta para nada. The colors arn’t even right. The blue should be darker and the stripe looks rediculous. Looks like the kit should be worn by England rather than the US.

124. Eli

January 18, 2010 at 1:38 pm

The diagonal stripe has been on soccer jerseys since before Miss America started wearing it. I especially like the blue jersey. Can’t wait to buy one.

125. seth renov

January 17, 2010 at 4:11 pm

new USA

126. alex

January 16, 2010 at 9:05 pm

is there any new news about when these jerseys will be available?

• The Gaffer

January 16, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Alex, the spring of 2010. No specific date has been announced yet.

127. mike

January 15, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Home jersey Blue is too royal(like the French), should be navy as in our flag.

128. American Gooner

January 15, 2010 at 9:32 am

They should have made the stripe on the away and 3rd jersey subliminal as well. The home jersey is a stylish tribute to the 1950 team’s spectacular achievement. The others are a bit much. Yes, we want to beat England again, but we also want to get to the second round this time, too. Subliminal design would be a nice way of showing both.

129. Tyler

January 10, 2010 at 4:34 pm

At first I didn’t like these. But what’s cool about these is they are replica’s of the jersey’s we wore when we beat england in 1950 (Might I add – This was leaked before the world cup drawings). Let’s bring one home to the U.S!

130. tytyt

January 9, 2010 at 8:26 am

I like the home jersey, and the blue and white one looks alright but I freaking hate the red one, it looks like kaka took a kaka on it. in case you didnt get that in brazil kaka really means sh**. so im calling kaka a peice of sh** because thats his last name, and he plays for brazil so that automatically means that i hate his f*** guts.

131. Tim

January 8, 2010 at 2:03 pm

I like the concept of the 50s jersey, especially with facing England in WC2010…but Nike missed the mark…home jersey is OK, not great…the away and 3rd sucks. Nike should have stayed much closer to the original 50s jersey as possible…white jersey with red diagonal line, and drop the colored line on the sleeves…and red jersey would be much better with white diagonal line rather than blue.

132. JHOVA

January 8, 2010 at 8:56 am

I like the white ones a lot. However Fulvio those 2014 crimson ones look amazing. Though I find it hard to believe they’ve already got those made and they haven’t even released these ones yet. I will be pre-ordering a white Jozy Altidore jersey unless the other two styles step their game up.

• Colin

January 9, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I think that those jerseys Fulvio shared aren’t real. in the caption on flickr it says that they were designed by a graphic designer from Philadelphia University, and probably won’t ever exist.

I agree completely with you that the red one he made up looks fantastic!

133. javier

January 7, 2010 at 5:08 am

really? wow! this is shameful…are they going to wear rose crowns on their heads too? c’mon…if this is a joke, it’s probably the funniest one i’ve seen. gosh I needed a good laugh. ok where do find the real 2010 world cup kits? seriously? it’s not funny any more. this is just straight out hideous!

134. harry kirshner

January 5, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Best US jersey’s ever. I love them. Bring on the Brits! I just hope the shorts for the away kit are red and the shorts for the third kit are blue. The only thing that comes close is the DON’T TREAD ON ME kit, which they only wore once and which was a similar scheme. That, and of course the Gaetjens jersey… again, a similar scheme. VERY GOOD SIGNS all around.

135. JMD

January 4, 2010 at 12:13 pm

when is Nike supposed to unveil their jersey?

136. troman

January 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm

they are very rugby esc

137. chad

January 1, 2010 at 7:27 pm

the lasers are amazing. these ones suck

138. conway

January 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm

so you think it looks like a beauty pageant everyone? well seems to me you are looking at this as if it is a beauty contest…..who cares what you think on how it looks…..its a historical throwback to one of the greatest upsets is american sports history … and if you are true US Soccer Fans than you would love the historical reference , because in case you didnt notice we are in a group with england and are in line to once again upset the throne !

139. DynamoMegan

December 30, 2009 at 10:33 am

Hopefully this is a scam, and not actually the final jersey that is to be worn in South Africa. Although I don’t believe a jersey should be the main focus of any team entering the world cup, I would much rather see the men wearing a different design if I had a choice. But all that really matters is that the USMNT has a successful trip to South Africa, and for us to gain greater respect and fans worldwide.

140. justin

December 30, 2009 at 9:13 am

At least the away jersey isn’t BLACK(!?)… whoever made that decision is f’n retarded.

141. Dan

December 30, 2009 at 9:06 am

LOVE IT! Been calling for a 50’s throwback sash for years! Too bad it isn’t red…

142. Brian

December 28, 2009 at 3:46 pm

I like the white

I just talked to a guy at Nike and the white Internet preorderstarts early February and the jersey officially comes out the first week of march. This is legit info but maybe not news to you. He hinted that the away and alternate are actually of different design so who knows on that one. I like the white and I’ll be getting my west ham boy’s USA kit asap.

143. michael

December 28, 2009 at 10:25 am

Are they going to earn patches for their Girl Scout sashes? Seriously? The third kit would be perfect…for T&T. These look amateurish.

144. US Soccer Movement

December 27, 2009 at 11:29 pm

It is time that the USA has a good looking soccer jersey. This one definitely doesn’t cut it. I hope it looks better than these leaked sketches…

145. Brian Bradshaw

December 27, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I like all 3 kits, I don’t see anything wrong with them. True, the USA’s current home kit is nice, nicer than the new one, but it’s not under simple or too complicated. If you want a crap kit, look at England’s new home jersey, which I am ashamed to be a fan of a country that will be wearing them at the World Cup. Besides, isn’t it ironic that the home shirt has been inspired by the kit the USA wore when they beat England, and after the unveiling of it, you draw us in World Cup Group C?

146. soccereform.us

December 27, 2009 at 9:57 am

Interestingly reminiscent of the 1950 jersey in which we defeated England.

Unfortunately, any jersey with that 80s corporate fast food logo will never pass mustard.

147. Ben

December 26, 2009 at 11:36 am

Great. THese suck. Stick to the 2009 ones. They had class, were simple, and we beat #1 Spain in them!

148. Trevor

December 24, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I like the idea of paying tribute to the 1950 team, but I don’t know if I like this design. And I really don’t like the 3rd jersey, looks like a Trinidad and Tobago jersey.

149. DCUDiplomat96

December 23, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Its a Nice Jersey I wish the white top have a colored slashed

150. jesse

December 21, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Can we get the 2002 world cup ones instead? They were fancy, fun, not this ugly and most importantly brought us a great result.

151. James

December 21, 2009 at 10:12 am

Looks terrible. Who designed this? Miss America.

152. James Novy

December 20, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Bring back the ’09 kit – classic and better looking than this shit. You hear me, NIKE? BRING BACK THE ANTHRACITE BLACK!!!!

153. Mike

December 18, 2009 at 9:40 am

Honestly, guys I think there’s a pretty good chance that the Away and 3rd jerseys are just photoshopped by someone. The badges on both of these look shopped to me. Also, when is the last time our Aways had the same pattern as the Home? If they are accurate it will be a shame because those 2nd and 3rd jerseys look like crap!

154. Noah

December 17, 2009 at 11:21 am

Terrible. Now not sure what to get.

Stick to the 2006 version and make it indefinite. Thats my vote.

155. Matt

December 16, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I hate the all-white home kit, but the road jersey is a definite improvement over the lame black one.

156. P S

December 16, 2009 at 10:15 am

Please no.Please no.Please no.

157. Zach gilk

December 14, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I love these kits, they have flare

• George Bush

April 7, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Zach, stick to Soap Operas. I know you people are good at fashion and interior decorating, but Soccer is a man’s game and you are wrong on this one.

158. Rob Lan

December 11, 2009 at 10:51 am

I think Nike Would be making a HUGE mistake putting these kits out. They are too simple. If you are going to have a sash down the front of the white kit, why not make it red or blue? I think they should scrap the whole idea and start over.

159. adam

December 10, 2009 at 12:17 pm

There must be some sort of truth to this being the 2010 jersey. The Castrol World Cup site (http://www.castrolfootball.com/predictor/rivalpredictor/?teama=201&teamb=4) is showing this jersey for the US.

160. Chuck

December 10, 2009 at 12:51 am

Nike makes horrible jerseys…they need to switch to adidas, Go USA

161. vik

December 9, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Crap.

162. Andrew

December 9, 2009 at 10:18 am

It’s about time we got a red shirt…

163. CoconutMonkey

December 8, 2009 at 9:17 am

Seems like everyone’s a big fan of the ol Don’t Tread on Me kits. They were pretty sweet.

164. Lance

December 7, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Bring back the 3-stripes!!!!! Nike sucks big time!!!! They look like AYSO kits. Oh yeah, JOE E. that works for Nike is an A**HOLE!!! You know who you are Joe. Fire him Nike!!!!

165. Ross

December 7, 2009 at 7:31 pm

All 3 look awesome, pretty unique, not overstated, yet traditional. Anyone one when they will be available for purchase?

• The Gaffer

December 7, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Ross, they’ll be available in the spring of 2010. I know, it seems like an eternity from now.

166. Charlie S

December 7, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Matthew N your a waste

167. Colin

December 7, 2009 at 10:18 am

I think the white ones are very classy. The Blue and the Red jersey I hope is just a fan mock-up, because they both look ridiculous. Maybe if the blue and red one went with the subtle stripe, like the white one it would look better. A red jersey with a darker red stripe or for the blue jersey, navy blue with a lighter shade stripe. Either way I hope the away kit is red. Back before the 06 WC when the MNT wore the “Don’t tread on me” red jerseys was awesome

168. Heather

December 6, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I’ll keep checking there!

• The Gaffer

December 7, 2009 at 10:22 am

Hi Heather, I just found out that the US and Italy soccer jerseys won’t be officially released until the spring of 2010, but as soon as they’re available for pre-order, we’ll have them available on that site.

• Jose

January 22, 2010 at 6:34 am

for that matter do you have an idea when all the nike Cup jerseys go on sale, and the adidas away kits come out by any chance???

• otime

March 4, 2010 at 6:45 pm

the US Soccer website already has the away jerseys for sale, but not the home ones yet… you can also customize them with names and numbers, both official and replica… just beware the sizes, they run small, as in European sizes…other websites, like prosoccer.com and others may also have them

169. Heather

December 6, 2009 at 1:44 am

Hi,

I’d like to buy my bf a US World Cup jersey for Christmas. When will these be available for sale, and where? (Please no hate, I honestly don’t know and figured this is the place to ask) Thanks for your help.

• The Gaffer

December 6, 2009 at 6:50 am

Hi Heather, excellent question. Unfortunately though, no official release date has been named for the new jerseys. But when they are officially available, you’ll be able to order from our sister site World Cup Buzz at http://www.worldcupbuzz.com/world-cup-shirts

170. Stephanie

December 5, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Shocking, disappointing, and ugly!

171. Ed

December 5, 2009 at 2:12 am

Oddly enough the new kits are fitting seeing as we were drawn to open the World Cup against of all teams England. Seems like Nike saw something coming or were really just lucky at guessing.

172. anna

December 2, 2009 at 3:24 pm

As a woman, 2 things….

That stripe is going to make my tits look big.

Are these going to be super form fitting like the new Adidas and Puma kits?

173. No Really?

November 29, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Piece of shit.

174. Yanks are coming

November 27, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Yeah because Agentina (prison inmate look) and Cameroon’s (cocktail dress) kits are much better. A tribute kit is perfect for this 2010 run in any of the colors shown up there.
    See you in Cape Town….

PS – Footbal Tactician – talk is cheap bitch, you probably thought Thierry’s handball was perfectly legal.

175. THEWORLDSGREATESTPLAYER

November 23, 2009 at 11:59 pm

WE DON’T PLAY WELL ENOUGH TO WEAR A SASSSSHHEE’ OR WHATEVER THAT IS. RETRO? LET’S MOVE FORWARD! HOW ABOUT A YANK COACH TO GET US THERE ( UNDERSTANDING OUR LADS AND ALL ) THEN A WORLD CLASS MANAGER TO WIN IT FOR US ( SIR ALEX FERGUESON ) MAKE THE YANK AN ASSISTANT, BUT LET THE NEW MANAGER BRING US HOME THE CUP! BELIEVE IT OR NOT–WE HAVE THE PLAYERS, WE NOW NEED THE VISION AND EXPERIENCE!!! THE JERSEY,,,,WHO GIVES A @#$%, JUST WIN THE CUP!! WEAR T-SHIRTS WITH DUCT TAPE NUMBERS-I DON’T CARE…JUST WIN IT!!!

• George Bush

April 7, 2010 at 10:07 pm

SON, YOU ARE A MORON!!!

176. Rob

November 22, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I like the white one, not as much as the current design, but its nice.. the other two are weak but theres no real proof that the other two are actually going to be the final design..

177. shelDONOVAN

November 22, 2009 at 1:29 am

the thing i dont understand is dempsey in that picture rocking the number 10?

if dempsey has already done a photoshoot in the jersey, doesnt that make it a little more likely to be the legit kit?

and why would he be wearing the 10?

• kev

April 29, 2010 at 3:34 pm

the 10 would be for the 2010 world cup.

178. Chris

November 21, 2009 at 6:31 pm

I’m glad they could re-hash the old Galaxy kits is U.S. colors.

179. Oliver

November 21, 2009 at 3:23 pm

This jersey looks really nice and simple, A nice simple jersey is good, becuse who wants a jersey with so much crap all over the place, simple is just nice to look at on the field, look at englands jersey, its just perfect for the world cup, and so is this one for the USA. For the away ill choose the red one, looks stronger, the blue one looks weak, unless the blue was more darker, it would look cool. Now lets just get ready for the best world cup of our lifetime! South Africa 2010, new surprises, new champion…

180. anna

November 20, 2009 at 8:55 pm

low price and good quality for the brand name shoes ,clothes ,boots and so on
    welcome to visit our website to choose the products that you want
    pls contact with me through these channels :
    email: onshoes2009@gmail.com
    yahoo: tradertrade08@yahoo.cn
    MSN: nikebing@hotmail.com

• George Bush

April 7, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Anna, you are an Evildoer, and I will invade your websites if you don’t knock this crap off immediately

181. CleartheBall

November 20, 2009 at 2:06 pm

I like the home. Its subtle. I’ll probably buy one. I’m not a big fan of the other 2.

182. Football Tactician

November 20, 2009 at 6:00 am

Here she is… the usmnt

So will there be an evening gown competition as well? Will Donovan or Dempsey be interviewed on what they would do if they were president? How they can ensure world peace and end world hunger? Or say that gay marriage should be illegal?

Very fitting for such a shit team. The usa shouldn’t be allowed to play football. you all are an embarrassment to the world. And now have the kits to go with it. Perfect.

All usmnt fans are wimpy little losers.

• Billy

December 25, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Must be an England fan. Get ready for another disappointment. The sun has set on the british empire.

• soccereform.us

December 27, 2009 at 10:03 am

One day we will have a real open league, with fully independent clubs, and promotion/relegation. We will have superclubs that can compete with the best in the world. Then it’s lights out for old jersey. Until that time, comments like this will stick.

I can’t wait for Sounders v Chelsea in the FIFA World Club Cup Final – after we ditch the closed exhibition league whose clubs are entitled to permanent first div status.

• George Bush

April 7, 2010 at 10:00 pm

go screw your best friends wife Billy

• Sally

June 15, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Shut the hell up Football Tactician…

First of all, the US National team is not an embarrassment to the world. They are a great team that is full of talent. A team that can beat big teams such as England, Germany, Argentina, Portugal, Holland, France…etc. Just because they haven’t won a World Cup doesn’t mean they are crappy team. You’re probably just jealous of all the attention the US National Team is getting. Lots of the players on our team play in the EPL in case you weren’t aware bozo.

And by the way, the jerseys are awesome. Each time I look at them, I like them even more. The team looked sharp wearing them on Saturday against England. I think they have one of the best away kits. And I know more people agree with me because all of the USA World Cup jersey’s are sold out until October. I can’t wait to buy my own!

GO USA!!!

183. Bwaa

November 20, 2009 at 1:16 am

How do yo make mocks ?? Please Inform

PS: I’m a huge US fan , and I really like the current ones , and I love the current away ones because they’re simple and clean , but these make me barf brah .

184. Jeff

November 19, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Disappointed once again. Why is it that Nike comes out with a decent jersey, it’s when we’re going thru qualifying (I like both kits that we have now). Once tourny time comes, the wizards of design at Nike completely crap the bed and throw something out with no imagination. To be fair, the white jersey with the “stripe” doesn’t look too bad. The other two jerseys are just awful. What ever happened to having a jersey with a little flair to it (i.e. Germany in ’94)?

Sadly, I’m kind of seeing the same thing from adidas with their kits for Germany (loved their former jersey from Euro ’08), Greece, etc. About the only jersey that somewhat impresses me is France’s…and I’m throwing up in my mouth as I type that.

185. liu

November 19, 2009 at 4:14 am

We are mainly wholesale quality brand shoes,Nike air jordans, af1, air max, air shox, adidas,timberland,prada,puma, and clothes like bape, evisu, bbc. We can also supply handbags, sunglasses, hats. We accept the small order even one pair.We can delivery goods to your door within 5-7 workin days. Any interest in our products, pls feel free to ask. Our website: http://www.tradertrade.com

186. Gitecmo

November 19, 2009 at 12:42 am

Yuck. The current version of the kit is really nice, the diagonal stripe is ugly.

This will make two World Cups now that we’ve had ugly kits. Good news though is I’ll be able to buy the current version of the US jerseys for cheap.

I did not buy the 2006 WC jersey and will not buy the 2010 one either.

187. Bret

November 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I don’t hate the white one, but I must agree that the current white jerseys are much better, and quite classy in their understatedness (if that’s a word). I actually didn’t care for them until I saw one in person and realized that the stripes alternated with the light grey. Super classy, and hard to beat.

I don’t hate the white one, the red one isn’t terrible. The blue one is a joke.

188. Chris in Belfast

November 18, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I’m with the people who like this one, especially given that it is a nod towards the *mostly* unknown history of the national team.

189. Joosetiger

November 18, 2009 at 3:41 pm

These kits are MONEY, they will look great on the field, without a doubt. They are classic, and… AMERICAN. Finally, some identity, perhaps this can be an iconic home kit that we can build on and carry through more than one cycle. The beauty pageant comments are lost on me. There are only so many ways to put a stripe on a jersey, and a diagonal stripe has history and relvance in soccer, think of Peru or River Plate. One twist, I’d be interested to see the whites with a cream color, like the SF Giants home jerseys maybe? All in all, very impressed and much better than the last three WC kits. Am I the only one that loved our Stars and Stripes kits from 94, awesome.

• Berlin

November 19, 2009 at 11:48 am

Your last sentence sealed it. Your opinion is not good.

• Berliner, Too

December 4, 2009 at 10:49 pm

lol, my thoughts exactly.

• Hero

December 12, 2009 at 7:49 pm

’94 jerseys are so bad that they became an instant classic. i always wanted the blue jersey with the stars. and the beauty pageant excuse is lame to me. i don’t see it that way at all

• Jose

January 22, 2010 at 6:27 am

yeah they were awesome, too bad adiddas doesnt make induvidual kits liek that anymore

• Matt C.

May 27, 2010 at 4:42 pm

That’s funny, I’m wearing a Club Atletico River Plate kit with the diagonal red stripe RIGHT NOW. Seriously. I agree with the “identity” comment above. Our kits have (almost) always been so generic. It’s like we were saying “no one cares anyway, so why put any thought into what we were… just pull on a red, white or blue shirt and let’s get this over with.” It’s nice to see something (slightly) different.

190. al

November 18, 2009 at 2:40 pm

You guys are nuts, these look amazing!!! Way better than the bland crap we have now.

• Carlos

January 1, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Ditto! I can’t wait to get me one. These are sharp designs.

• Jalp

January 2, 2010 at 4:39 am

I have to agree. I think they look pretty sharp compared to what he have now. The blue and red are much more retro and classy than the plain black of our current away kit. The new home is pretty similar in color scheme to our current design, plus the diagonal stripe is just classic soccer style! I would proudly wear any of them!

• Jose

January 22, 2010 at 6:24 am

i personally the dark grey color, i dont mind these kits so much but its a little similar to what peru traditionally wears, but seeing them in person may be very different

• Jose

January 22, 2010 at 6:25 am

I meant to say like the Dark Grey color

191. chris

November 18, 2009 at 2:11 pm

the white jersey is incredible, and i heard that this is a historic jersey from the 1950 upset over England. Lets hope the yanks can upset the world and bring the World Cup Home.

192. Chris B

November 18, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I’m surprised by the sash. I thought Nike would save that for the Brazil WC being that the ’50 team had the famous red sash.

193. Jack K.

November 18, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Not bad, not good. However, any jersey they make will look better than the ’94 WC shirt. I always wonder who makes the design decisions on these kits. They usually look not-so-good. It can’t be that difficult to make them look better.

• larry

March 15, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Agreed. I still think whoever chose the faux-denim color with the stars should be treated like he scored an own goal playing for Columbia.

194. Joey Clams

November 18, 2009 at 11:38 am

It’s relatively austere. I can live with it. I learned years ago not to get to bent out of shape over this stuff.

195. Rossi

November 18, 2009 at 11:29 am

The home one looks alright. The away ones are quite disgusting. As Brazil’s shirt make is nike, will they have this style of shirt?

• Gail

December 23, 2009 at 1:58 pm

I agree. This one is simple, clean and sharp looking. The away and 3rd shirt look like a child’s color crayons when they couldn’t decide which color to color where.

196. Phil

November 18, 2009 at 11:26 am

it sucks! plain and simple

197. Vnice

November 18, 2009 at 11:08 am

Like I said in the other thread…the US can wear tie dye for all I care, as long as they win.

198. Kartik Krishnaiyer

November 18, 2009 at 11:07 am

It’s a nice strip compared to some of Nike’s previous horrible kits for the USMNT.

199. Matthew N

November 18, 2009 at 10:18 am

This has to be a god damn joke. These kits are hideous. They are so bad that I really may consider hoping they lose just because of this ugly kit.

• kevin_amold

November 18, 2009 at 10:41 am

Hoping our national team loses on a world-wide stage because of some ugly kits? That is a brilliant idea…..

• usde

January 9, 2010 at 8:30 am

u suck mother f***

• iqmal

September 8, 2010 at 11:25 pm

you’re crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Aristotle J.

June 13, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Are you serious? That is such a simple minded reason for the U.S. to lose, and a naive statement to “hope” they lose. I like the new kits. The white ones are too neutral. An I agree with usde.

200. Bryan

November 18, 2009 at 10:17 am

At first I didn’t mind it. In fact I rather liked the white version. The colored versions just look silly. Although after reading the Miss America comment I can’t look at it and not thing beauty pageant. I prefer the current ones.

201. paul

November 18, 2009 at 9:57 am

The current jersey is awesome, this one? Not so much.

202. pat

November 18, 2009 at 9:45 am

I think this is a big step down from the current USA home. One of the best things about the current home kit is that it is a pretty unique design, but this is just USA colors on a Juve away kit. It’ll probably look better on the pitch, so lets hope for that

203. Charles

November 18, 2009 at 9:36 am

Here she is…..Miss America !

• Rana Sami Ullah

March 8, 2011 at 11:47 am

Dear sir/Madam

We would like to introduce you to our company, RB SONS, Sialkot –Pakistan, the manufacturers and exporters of All Kinds of Team Uniforms, Textile Wear, Martial Arts Wear, Cricket equipments and sports Balls and Accessories.

We are in the business since 1995. We have a decade’s track record in fulfilling the needs of local markets and exporting quality garments to almost all parts of the globe. Customer satisfaction is one of the core values of this organization.

We, RB SONS, are always striving to live up to the highest standards of the business. As a matter of principle, we are on the look to broaden our businesses relations and ties but marking sure that we always have a list of satisfied customers. Please visit our website, to learn more about RB SONS and the products offered by the company.

If you need any additional information and / or require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact.
      Thank you for your interest in our products and we hope to have a good business relation with your esteemed organization.

Best regards
      Mr. Rana Sami Ullah
      Proprietor, RB SONS

Website:http://www.rbsons.com

204. Gary

November 18, 2009 at 9:34 am

Dreadful. Looks like a beauty pageant sash across the front.

• d

January 6, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Crystal Palace from the early 80s – still one of my fav kits!

• assila2010