Last week, I posted a tweet that if I was reborn, I would become a Tottenham Hotspur supporter simply because of The Spurs Show podcast. And I meant it. Most of the readers here know me as a Swansea City supporter, but there’s something completely endearing, refreshing, honest and depressing about being a regular listener to The Spurs Show that makes me feel closer to the pain one must feel supporting THFC.
I don’t typically recommend club podcasts. They tend to be too biased, boring and lacking any real content. But The Spurs Show is different. It pulls you in right from the get-go with host Phil Cornwell’s brilliant delivery of his Harry Redknapp impression, which is just as good as his Martin Jol one.
Cornwell, you see, is an English thespian, who has appeared on many British television shows over the years as well as being a stand-up comedian. It’s his mix of comedy and deep passion for Tottenham Hotspur that is so refreshing, while co-host Mike Leigh (also a well-known person on the British comedy circuit) is the perfect balance to Cornwell, keeping him in line but carrying the conversation forward with their obvious love and knowledge of the game and, more importantly, their club.
So, it’s with great pleasure that we bring you an interview with Phil Cornwell on the latest episode of the EPL Talk Podcast. The interview is special for many different reasons, but it also marks the debut of Stephen Darwin, one of three hosts of the EPL Talk Podcast (including me and Kartik Krishnaiyer). Stephen, Kartik and I will continue bringing you interviews with some of the biggest names in English football.
Enjoy the podcast episode. And if you haven’t had a chance to listen to The Spurs Show yet, it’s required listening whether you’re a Tottenham supporter or not. It’s one of the highlights each week on my iPod, and is always laugh-out loud funny. Check out The Spurs Show on iTunes at http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=261350282 or http://tinyurl.com/spursitunes
Be sure not to miss a single episode of the EPL Talk Podcast, the only Premier League interview show on the Internet. We have a long list of high-profile guests scheduled over the next weeks each with their own fascinating stories to tell. Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast via iTunes or visit EPL Talk or the archives for the latest episodes.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Hrustic, Rogic spearhead Australia squad for crunch World Cup playoff
- Deal Alert: Best streaming deals this Memorial Day Weekend
- Africa beckons for Royal after dramatic draw with Orlando Pirates
- Regret? Skupski prioritises French Open over Champions League ticket
- Klopp urges Liverpool to show Madrid who’s boss in Champions League final
- Ancelotti says Real Madrid can achieve ‘the maximum’ by winning Champions League
- Mancini thanks Chiellini before Italy send-off against Argentina
- How to watch UEFA Nations League on US TV and streaming
- Klopp shrugs off Mane speculation, but concerned over new Paris pitch
- ‘Things change’ – Ceferin warns Europe’s old elite before Champions League final