The Fabregas to Barcelona rumours have been circulating for some time now and they appear to be showing no signs of going away after Xavi claimed that the Arsenal player has “Barca DNA”.
Fabregas joined Arsenal from La Liga club Barcelona in 2003 aged just 16 and with the Gunners enduring a difficult few years, he may just be ready to make the return journey.
The last couple of season’s have been the best of Xavi’s career, with the midfielder being named Spain’s player of the tournament for his fine performances in their successful Euro 2008 campaign. He then returned to club football in spectacular style; playing a key role as Barca won an unprecedented treble of League, Cup and Champions League.
He is now one of the most influential figures at the Nou Camp and so his comments carry extra significance. In an interview with Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo he said: “I would love to play with him [Fabregas],”
“I’ve always said that in the national team I link up with Cesc very well, despite the fact that many say we can’t play together.
“We demonstrated in the final of the European Championship that isn’t true. I especially hope that Cesc comes. He is a football player with Barça DNA and he is showing at Arsenal that he is on another level.
“I would love him to sign and that we could play together at Barça. Clearly, a lot of his career is ahead of him and I think that in the future he will be at Barça.”
This is by no means the first time that Fabregas has been heavily linked with a return to his former club but with Arsenal trophy-less since 2005 and Barcelona firing on all cylinders, the temptation to move come the end of the season may prove too strong to resist.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters
- Where to find Mexico vs. Peru on US TV