Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2009 — Netherlands 1: 0 Scotland today at Hampden Park (here’s the minute-by-minute report).
As George Burley said, Scotland deserved at least something from the match at home in which they threatened the woodwork serially. The difficult loss ends Scotland’s chance of qualifying for South Africa’s pageant next summer.
I saw Wesley Sneijder in ice making his way to the club-house. Today he was replaced in the 77th minute by Rafeal van der Vaart.
Inter needn’t worry overmuch about his ice-taped right ankle. Reportedly in Eschede last week, he was stretchered off after scoring in what became the Netherlands’ 3-nil thrashing of Japan. X-rays proved the knock was not as bad as it looked and not severe enough to keep him out of the Dutch side today in Glasgow.
If anyone has a feed from today’s match, I’m sure many will enjoy this one in which Scotland will have felt the urgent need for a result, albeit without the inspirational James McFadden.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas