TweetBeat takes the pulse of fan opinion and reaction – the emotional, the insightful and the trivial. But mostly trivial though.
Let’s start with a comment from the BBC Sport’s chief football writer, Phil McNulty, which induced varying opinions from a couple of Everton fans:
philmcnulty: Time for Manchester City to make that next Joleon Lescott bid. And time for David Moyes to accept it and move on. Damaging saga for Everton.
Support for Lescott seems to be in pretty short supply on Merseyside:
manch1985: would be quite happy to see lescott rot in the reserves, well done moyes for dropping him
evertonyian: Lescott,wherever u maybe,f*** off to manchester city we hope u go there cos it will end in tears they hav’nt won a thing in fifty years
DHWizzo: Looks like Man City are getting Lescott now. When will the madness end? ‘Run for the money – you only run for the money’.
Has the saga turned into a lose-lose for all concerned? Some seem to think so:
thetruefootball: Lescott all but gone to City. Poor Toffees. Poor City.
Monkey_Nuts: I’m getting very tired of man city persuit of Lescott, we should give up and move on to other targets!
I’ll leave you with proof that not everything on Twitter is pure fluff. It may not parse well, but I think we should all do a little soul-searching after reading this next one:
joemisika: Is it rite that players r getting more power, Essien forced his move to chelsea. Now Lescott wants to force his to Man City? Is it good?
Phil McThomas runs CleverFootball.com, a site that lets football fans get their news fix with the minimum amount of fuss. Man City fans will want to keep their eye on the Man City news page. Toffee fans can track Everton news here…if they dare.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Regret? Skupski prioritises French Open over Champions League ticket
- Klopp urges Liverpool to show Madrid who’s boss in Champions League final
- Ancelotti says Real Madrid can achieve ‘the maximum’ by winning Champions League
- Mancini thanks Chiellini before Italy send-off against Argentina
- How to watch UEFA Nations League on US TV and streaming
- Klopp shrugs off Mane speculation, but concerned over new Paris pitch
- ‘Things change’ – Ceferin warns Europe’s old elite before Champions League final
- UEFA chief Ceferin calls on La Liga to stop criticism of PSG
- Liverpool’s Thiago, Fabinho fit for Champions League final
- Champions League Final on TV: Liverpool vs. Real Madrid details