Connect with us

Leagues: Bundesliga

Opening Weekend Bundesliga Games On GolTV

goltv-logoIt’s hard to believe, but the new Bundesliga season is upon us. For those viewers in the United States and Canada, you can catch a selection of this weekend’s opening games as well as most of the major games this season on GolTV.

Here’s the TV schedule for this opening weekend:

Friday, Aug. 7

• VfL Wolfsburg vs. VfB Stuttgart at 2:30 p.m. ET

Saturday, Aug. 8

• Borussia Dortmund vs. 1.FC Cologne at 9:30 a.m. ET

Sunday, Aug. 9

• VfL Bochum vs. Borussia Monchengladbach at 10:30 am  ET

Prior to each Bundesliga weekend, GolTV’s team of expert soccer analysts will offer their take on the upcoming matches on the weekly series Bundesliga Magazine every Friday at 8 p.m. ET.  Soccer fans can also catch Hallo Bundesliga on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. ET as the all-soccer network recaps the weekend with clips and in-depth analysis of the best goals and match highlights.

“This will be another action-packed season as Bundesliga offers world-class soccer clubs that host some of the most popular international soccer stars like Luca Toni, Franck Ribery and Miroslav Klose,” said Enzo Francescoli, founder & CEO of GolTV.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
25 Comments

25 Comments

1. Hans FW Ziemann

September 8, 2010 at 1:19 pm

A very disappointet Soccer Fan in Ocala Florida.
    This is beyond our belief. all SportsChannel do not carry any Soccer from the German
    Bundes Liga. ????
    But von all Country in Europa ,games are available ????

pS. remember

2. Werner

August 14, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I wonder what kind of deal Deportes and Gol struck up? Maybe part of the deal was Deportes gets first choice of Bayern games because of their popularity. Don’t know just wondering.

3. Luke

August 12, 2009 at 10:17 am

I don’t know, I guess Wolfsburg is the top purist choice, but they are a factory team, and even GOLTV probably knows they have almost no international following. The good thing for Bayern fans is that there is a schedule quirk next week that might help them get on the schedule at least. Hoffenheim-Schalke go on Friday, and there are 3 Sunday matches, one of which is Wolfsburg-Hamburg. After Dortmund-Stuttgart on Saturday, all of the other matches are real weak sisters, so someone will probably pick up Bayern-Mainz.

4. Steve

August 12, 2009 at 9:50 am

Does it seem weird that GolTV ignores Bayern games so far? I can understand no show for Hoffenheim first round game because it was late Saturday game, but no FCB – Bremen game???? Last season almost all FCB games were shown. What happened this season, anyone knows?

• olivert

August 15, 2009 at 1:18 am

Suspect ESPN (Deportes and ESPN360.com) has 1st and 4th picks.

Bayern will almost always be 1st pick.

5. Jason

August 11, 2009 at 3:32 pm

ESPN Deportes and 360 have Bayern-Bremen on Sat. and Borussia Monchengladbach-Hertha Berlin on Sun.

6. Jurgen

August 11, 2009 at 2:37 pm

i think this is odd that Bayern/Bremen is out. Hamburg/Dortmund will be a great match but Bayern v Bremen will be the one to watch. Im just glad that Gol TV has 3 games again this weekend. Also that they are showing them live. Lets hope it continues

7. Brian P

August 11, 2009 at 2:37 pm

that would be Wolfsburg/Cologne

so we do get three games… The Wolf are the marquee game of the week per the 12:30 time slot

so they then get second choice on the 9:30 game, which is Hamburg/Dortmund

8. Brian P

August 11, 2009 at 2:32 pm

It looks like the odd one out is Bayern/Bremen

So the number one choice was Wofsburg/Colgone

9. Mike

August 8, 2009 at 10:25 am

You can look it up on their web site at dishnetwork.com under International programming and German. I get ProSieben ala carte via Dish now (which used to carry the games). If I were to go for this I’d just get the package, but I don’t think I’m springing for that this season. My wife doesn’t think I am either 🙂

10. Dom

August 8, 2009 at 9:22 am

Does anyone have any more details about Channel 610 on Dish? I would love to watch the games in German.

11. Werner Christen

August 8, 2009 at 4:00 am

I purchased the “latin american package” Charter called it for $5 a month on the digital package. Not bad for two or three extra games a week. I figure Bayern should pretty well be covered between the two. The game tomorrow is live it’s the new Saturday night game. Don’t really care about the language.

12. Mike

August 7, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Has anybody seen channel 610 on Dish Network? Right now there’s a “free preview” of a “German Sports” channel — playing a replay of the Wolfsburg/Stuttgart game with German commentary. There’s info on Dish’s site under German on the International menu. Pricing is 20 bucks a month, ala carte — pretty stiff considering that the whole German package is 28 a month…

13. Jay

August 7, 2009 at 8:19 pm

ESPN 360 now shows the Aug 8th Bundesliga match: “Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich (SPA).” I guess the “SPA” indicates that it will be in Spanish. As of this post ESPN 360 does not show the Aug 9th Bundesliga match.

14. Luke

August 7, 2009 at 11:18 am

Intriguing detective work there Brian. I am not really sure why GOLTV would pick Bochum-‘Gladbach over Freiburg-Hamburg this week though. Longer term, the reason is probably clear, the earlier Sunday match would fit in before their La Liga coverage.

If your theory is correct, I guess this is how we would expect things to shake out next week:
    GOLTV: 9:30 EST Saturday: Bayern vs. Bremen
    ESPN Deportes: Saturday night: Hamburg vs. Dortmund
    GOLTV: 11:30 EST Saturday: Leverkusen vs. Hoffenheim
    GOLTV: 9:30 EST Sunday: ‘Gladbach vs. Hertha
    ESPN Deportes: Sunday night: Schalke vs. Bochum

I would also wonder aloud at what the determining factor is for having a match on Deportes and not on ESPN 360. Personally, I think a lot of us will have easier access to the Eredivisie coverage on 360.

• Brian P

August 7, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Luke…We shall see if I am right… The nice thing is that it looks like ESPN Deportes is showing the games live or reasonably close to live. (12:30PM ET the Hoffenheim/Bayern game)

I watch Deportes occasionally on FIOS. I guess I will need to watch more of it. I am little surprised that all the games aren’t on 360, but 360 has a habit of adding games at the last minute, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they were added later. If that happens I will just hook up my laptop to my TV.

By the way that Bayern/Bremen game will be awesome. It will be the official coming out of Marko Marin

It is funny everyone flocks to the Premiership which is just M1 kick the ball down the field football, with the same teams winning every year. The Bundesliga is so underrated, the race is so wide open, and the crowds are so awesome, it has become my favorite league. The sad thing is that GOLTV’s coverage was so bad last year…it kind of took away some of the fun of watching this great league

15. Brian P

August 6, 2009 at 5:35 pm

I think I figured out the sublicensing scheme..
    Gol TV has first choice: (they chose the Stuttgart/Wolfsburg game)
    ESPN Deportes has choice two: (they chose the Bayern/Hoffenheim game)
    Gol TV has choice three: (they chose the Cologne/Dortmund game)
    Gol TV has choice four or five (not sure which is less desirable):
    Gol TV has the Dortmund/Cologne game
    ESPN Deportes has the Freiburg/Hamburg game (on Sunday)
    So…
    it looks like Gol TV gets three games (if they want them). This week there is the tv worthy Friday game though. Most likely they will have two games on Sat and one on Sunday. So in theory they would get choice one (they chose the champions in week 1). Unfortunately, Bayern/Hoffenheim was the same week, thats why its on ESPN Deportes).

This is just a theroy but it seems logical…(as they (GolTv)said in the Lombello interview they plan to show 2 or 3 games live and/or taped)

So this weekend I need to brush up on my Spanish…

16. orlando

August 6, 2009 at 10:33 am

Thanks for the info JurgenG , the game will be on espn deportes and i think its better cause the will be more games on tv. They also have a game schedule for sunday.

17. Kevin

August 6, 2009 at 9:27 am

Not playing Bayern – Hoffenheim? Pathetic!! What loooosers!! I’m 2 steps away from cancelling goltv and just streaming my games.

18. Mike

August 5, 2009 at 9:04 pm

The games won’t be carried on ProSiebenSat.1 Welt this season. This from their website:

Für die Saison 2009/10 haben wir leider keine Übertragungsrechte an der Fussball-Bundesliga mehr.

• Abdidrizak

August 17, 2010 at 4:16 am

Iam somali I support Bayern munich and Germany national football team So, I hope bayern will be win Bundesliga And cup Bayern have many Talented players such as Muller , Schwienstieger and captain lah In addition to that Machael ballack arrives in bundesliga that makes interests because he is very active and experienced player

19. JurgenG

August 5, 2009 at 8:08 pm

20. Juliet

August 5, 2009 at 4:20 pm

IRONIC isn’t it, that Francescoli would tout all Bayern Munich players, then DECLINE to show this weekend’s MARQUEE game, Bayern Munich vs. Hoffenheim, at GolTV’s favorite tape-delay time of 11:30 a.m. *eyeroll*

21. Jurgen

August 5, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Probably just on ESPN 360

22. orlando

August 5, 2009 at 1:51 pm

What ever happened to the bundesliga on espn, i guess it was all a rumour.