Everton has unveiled their new away jersey for the 09/10 season, and it’s bound to generate a lot of debate — whether positive or negative.
Everton’s new away kit for the 2009-2010 season will be black with pink horizontal stripes. Not only does the entire kit feature pink quite prominently, but even the Everton crest is in pink instead of the traditional blue and white.
Robert Elstone, Everton’s CEO commenting on the new range said, “We wanted to make a real statement with our playing strips this season. It was our intention to reference the Club’s past along with ensuring the designs had a contemporary modern feel.
“We have received many favourable comments on the style of the home strip and we are hoping for more of the same with our away kit. We wanted a much bolder design than previous seasons and our partners have been able to achieve this by integrating the pink into the black shirt design.
“Whilst we know it is a move away from our more traditional away kits of recent years, we are expecting this one to be even more popular amongst supporters.”
Everton will wear the new striking all black design for the first time away at Coventry City for a pre-season testimonial match on 2 August.
The new kit features an futuristic design which takes inspiration from one of the first ever Everton Football Club kits worn by the legendary Black Watch. It’s interesting to note that the Black Watch design, which can be seen here, was the home kit from the 1880-81 season, and not the away kit.
Designed and manufactured by Le Coq Sportif, the new kit is bold and edgy. Personally, I like it, but I can imagine that many Everton supporters will be not satisfied. Also, is the addition of pink to the away kit something that would be accepted in Europe but would be something that a traditional American sports team would never adopt?
Click the comments link below and share your feedback and opinion.
For the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Leicester on US TV
- Where to find Everton vs Crystal Palace on US TV
- ‘Next Messi’ Bojan learned, suffered in itinerant career
- Finalists Orlando Pirates vow to avoid another Moroccan mauling
- Arsenal face Chelsea, Everton and Orlando on US summer tour
- ‘All heroes’ – Trapp hails support as Frankfurt win Europa League
- Eintracht Frankfurt beat Rangers on penalties to win Europa League
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women footballers
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash