Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is in talks with Hull City over a proposed £5million transfer. The fee has already been agreed but now Zamora must decide if he is prepared to move to the north of England for the first time in his career.
The 28 year old has been in Hull since Friday but Tigers boss Phil Brown says Zamora has been laid low by jet lag. He told BBC Radio Humberside: “Bobby landed on Friday afternoon and was suffering badly from jet lag so needed the weekend to rest.
“Hopefully Monday, Tuesday I’ll be sitting down with Bobby, bringing him up here and showing him round.”
Zamora is likely to find himself pushed down the pecking order at Craven Cottage by the return to fitness of Diomansy Kamara. However, despite scoring just two goals in 35 league appearances for Fulham, Zamora did manage 40 goals at former club West Ham United. He is also a former England Under-21 international, after impressing during a spell at Brighton & Hove Albion where he scored 77 goals in 130 appearances.
French defender Steven Mouyokolo is currently Hull’s only summer signing and manager Phil Brown will be keen to add more new faces to a squad that survived Premier League relegation by the narrowest of margins last season.
Former Charlton and Portsmouth winger Jerome Thomas is currently on trial at the club and Brown says he has made a good first impression.
“It’s quite positive, he’s certainly been impressive in terms of his wing play, impressive in the way he can go past a player and produce a cross or even a goal.
“They’re areas we want to improve on and the early signs are quite positive. We haven’t sat down to talk terms yet or where his future lies. It’s a case of him looking at us and us looking at him”, Brown added.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Vote for the 2026 World Cup host cities in North America
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant again
- Liverpool’s Diaz from indigenous community that breeds ‘toughness’
- Mbappe’s PSG to play three games in Japan in July
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant once more
- Harmony reigns as Ancelotti and Real Madrid proves a winning combination
- Real Madrid remain Europe’s most valuable football club: report
- Tearful Mourinho hails Conference League ‘history’ for Roma
- Mbappe’s rumored benefits allow too much power for one player