It’s now possible for football supporters to watch most of the major foreign and domestic leagues either on television or on the Internet. As a result, the number of clubs that a supporter follows has presumably grown from one to many.
So, what clubs do you support from the different leagues around the world, why, and how did you become a supporter of that club?
Click the comments link below to share your favourites. I’ve listed mine here:
- Premier League: None
- Football League: Swansea City (my local club I’ve supported religiously through the good and the bad since 1979)
- Welsh Premier League: Newtown AFC (the town where I spent many summers with my grandparents, when they were alive, and where I fell in love with the club from Latham Park)
- Major League Soccer: None (formerly Miami Fusion)
- USL: Miami FC (my local team who are floundering with tiny attendances, but who I remain faithful to)
- National teams: Wales (my birthplace and where I grew up), England (my father is English and most of my relatives are English), and the United States (my new homeland; I’ve followed and supported the national team since the mid-1980s).
In addition to the above leagues, I also follow La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A — but I watch the games to enjoy the football and don’t support any specific clubs.
It is interesting how football fans have become more cosmopolitan over the last decade with the prevalence of foreign football on our television sets and via the Internet. I’m curious to hear from you, the readers, to see what clubs you support — and whether any of the European visitors have MLS teams you follow.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Why possession is not the key factor in 2022 Champions League Final
- Bronze to leave Women’s Super League club Man City
- Ibrahimovic endured sleepless nights to deliver Serie A title for Milan
- Man Utd report revenue increase despite ‘disappointing’ season
- FIFPro sounds alarm over player workloads ahead of Champions League final
- Vote for the 2026 World Cup host cities in North America
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant again
- Liverpool’s Diaz from indigenous community that breeds ‘toughness’
- Mbappe’s PSG to play three games in Japan in July
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history