Last week it was Santi Cazorla that was being lamented prior to Villarreal’s away leg match against Arsenal. News got worse for Manuel Pellegrini when Spanish international Marcos Senna would be ruled out of the return leg of the Champions League quarterfinals in London.
Senna left the pitch limping late Saturday night after he suffered a hamstring injury in the team’s 2-0 loss to Málaga. Senna’s injury left Villarreal with ten men as they had no substitutions left. A timetable as to his absence has not been determined; but he will surely miss the midweek clash against the Gunners at the Emirates.
Senna scored the Spanish side’s lone goal of the match midweek in their 1-1 draw against Arsenal.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season