Teams that only need 2 more wins to guarantee safety:
Doncaster Rovers: 49 points, with one more win they will pass the 50 point barrier which usually is the points needed to stay safe in the Championship
Watford: 47 points and have one game in hand. With the game in hand, Watford should be able to secure safety with two more wins at minimum.
Derby County: 47 points and two games in hand Derby are in good position to secure safety this season. While their form has been up and down they have enough talent to secure safety by April.
Blackpool: 47 points, they have been mid-table all season and after just securing their future last season, Blackpool know what it takes to survive in the Championship and I think they will do it.
Teams in immediate danger of entering the drop zone:
Barnsley: 44 points, two games in hand. If Barnsely can win their two matches in hand and pull off another win and a couple of draws that should be enough for them to stay in the Championship for another season.
Norwich: 43 points, while they are only two points away from the drop zone, Norwich have picked up their form getting 10 points from a possible 15. If they can keep this form up it will be an uphill battle but it should be enough to secure safety.
Plymouth: 43 points, Unlike Norwich, Plymouth are on a horrible run of form and that doesn’t look like that is about to change. Plymouth need to dig deep and find a way to win or all too soon they could find themselves playing football in League One next season.
Team in the Current Relegation Zone:
Nottingham Forest: 41 points, Forest have struggled to adapt to the Championship all season and have endured more then a couple of thumpings this season. They have hovered around the drop zone all season and unless they find something inside them and a few results go their way they will be making an immediate return to League One.
Southampton: 40 points, 1 match in hand. Southampton have been around the relegation zone all season and they need to find a way to start winning, and winning fast. They need to basically win all their remaining matches and hope that some results go against those four teams above them if they are to pull off an escape.
Charlton: 29 points, 1 game in hand. At this point it really doesn’t matter what Charlton do, they are headed for League One next season. All they have to play for is pride and finishing off the season as best they can. Its amazing to think only three years ago they were a mid-table Premiership team and now they will be in League One next season.
My relegation predictions: Charlton, Nottingham Forest, Plymouth. I think Southampton will escape.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family