Last season, Diego Milito was a shining star for a team headed to relegation. This season, he’s a star for a team headed to Europe. For Genoa, he’s been the difference maker while becoming a leading contender for Capo Canionnieri in the Serie A.
His 12 million euro transfer from Real Zaragoza has been money well spent and his 15th goal of the season put another 1 million euros in Zaragoza’s bank account, an amount that Genoa president Enrico Preziosi “paid with much joy.” Zaragoza will get another 1 million Euros if Genoa qualifies for the UEFA Cup. If Genoa finishes in its current place of 5th in the Serie A standings, Genoa will have spent 14 million euros for the Argentine striker. Money they will certainly recoup with a place in the UEFA Cup.
Combine his goal scoring record at Zaragoza & Genoa, Diego Milito is one of the most underappreciated goalscorers in Europe. The ex-Racing forward could turn a profit for two clubs. Preziosi has already turned down an offer for 25 million euros from Inter for Milito’s talent. If Diego gets to 20 or 25 goals this season, it will be hard for Genoa to resist a more tempting, cash-heavy offer from a big club.
Diego Milito has only 16 appearances for Los Albicelestes. A surprising number considering that during Milito’s ascent to fame, Argentina has been missing a true, dangerous #9 striker to play up top in front of Messi, Aguero, Riquelme, and Tevez. His talent demands a regular spot on the national team and with the players surrounding him, Diego Milito could pay off for Argentina as well.
Diego Milito is staking his claim as the best goalscorer in Italy and if he continues to score goals at his current rate, the investment in Milito will have paid off quite well.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights
- Gareth Bale debuts own craft beer ahead of World Cup