Shocking news, or perhaps not so shocking depending on your perspective, regarding Ramon Calderon has emerged this morning.
Calderon has reportedly bowed to pressure and will announce his resignation as the club’s president after reports came out in the Spanish press that he had rigged the recent general assembly election in order to get his budget proposals passed.
A roughly translated version of a story in the Spanish newspaper Marca, which broke this story, gives some insight into what happened and is available through this link.
Real Madrid’s official website notes that Calderon will address the media today so I will reserve comment until after his statement. If he does stand down, Vicente Boluda, the club’s vice president, is expected to take his place until a new election could be held. More information and commentary is also available at our sister site LaLigaTalk.com
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family