The season might not have been all that impressive for Mario Martínez and his Numancia teammates, but all of that negative was sandwiched by two impressive moments in his professional and personal life.
Yes, Spain officially entered into recession but the Numancia youth player was one people in Soria that earned a cut of El Gordo, the Spanish Lottery’s Christmas spectacular. Martínez earned more an amazing €150,000 in the third prize of that country´s lottery. That is exactly 24,000 more than he earns in his current contract. Martínez is one of the least paid players.
Talk about a crazy end to a year that started with tremendous impetus for Numancia as his goal was the one that gave Barcelona their only loss of the season so far.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season