Connect with us

General

If You Were A Professional Footballer, What Club Would You Sign For?

soccer-ball.jpg

Imagine for a minute that you’re a teenager gifted with incredible soccer talents. Several scouts have been following you, and you’ve heard rumors that a couple of different clubs in the Premier League are interested in bringing you on to their books.

If you were in that position, which Premier League club would you choose to sign with? A club where you would love to wear the colors of that team, to play in their stadium and be adored by its fans.

Tell me what Premier League club you would pick and why, but with one caveat. The club you select can’t be your favorite Premier League team. Share your dream by clicking the comments link below. I look forward to reading your responses.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more

23 Comments

23 Comments

1. Bergkamp_10

March 14, 2014 at 10:14 am

Everton for me under Martinez, specially.

2. Cody (#2)

March 14, 2014 at 10:09 am

As a teen, I would sign for Chelsea, so I could collect a massive paycheck and never see first team action again.

3. josh

March 14, 2014 at 9:47 am

arsenal

4. avioboh joseph

November 30, 2009 at 7:42 am

am in nigeria playing in our local league am a lover of football and a player too if i am opportune to play in any of the europe league i am going to contribute greately. i really want to play europe football .

5. JayCromwell

October 21, 2009 at 6:30 pm

I would sign for any of the Prem teams except for the b*tch clubs, such as Liverpool, Chelsea, ManU……I am an Arsenal fan….but I would love to play under David M. at Everton, or Hull City….as a teenager it would be crucial to play for an inspirational coach, such as Fergie…(but I hate ManU)….ok eough blabbing, I would sign for Stoke…and in my debut I would score on a diving header or ‘bike’ in a Delap long throw….HEEEYYYY OOOOOO….peace my fellow brethren and sister-en…btw..ChrissMari…its soo incredibly attractive to see a beautiful woman whom knows her football, i would love to talk some ball w u -JayC

6. Nick

August 11, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Late to the game on this one but noticed it under a “related post”.

United’s my favorite so i’ll say…Fulham. I’ve admired Hodgson the past couple of years, first, keeping them from relegation two seasons ago, and then finishing with strong season this past one.

7. Ruben

April 20, 2009 at 2:03 pm

machester united they are not my favourite team but to score and the roar in the east stand by the crazy red fans

8. Curtis

January 18, 2009 at 1:06 am

Indeed. Steven Gerrard definitely did NOT hold you guys to ransom and threaten to go to Chelsea.

I'd go to Portsmouth. I've always had a soft spot for them.

9. mp

January 17, 2009 at 11:36 pm

Liverpool, duhh. Amazing fans, great track record, players who play for the sport, for success, Not money, + red looks good on me .

Loved
    Invincible
    Vibrant
    Exultant
    Red
    Passionate
    Optimum
    Oppressor
    Lustrous

10. Simmo

December 7, 2008 at 6:16 am

Hull City

There playing some great football at the moment and you would also get a lot of game time. Sire it would by good to play for united or chealsea but they have to many good players. take some one like Aron Ramsey. He has got great talent but he still finds in extremly hard to break into arsenal starters. Mabye if I started to play great football I would then go to one of the top four clubs (chealsea, man utd, arsenal and liverpool) but it would still be hard to break into the top side.

Simmo

11. ChrissMari

October 27, 2008 at 6:38 am

my favorite team is City but if I had a penis and was a gifted footballer and couldn't play for City i'd play for Liverpool.

12. Sanjay

October 26, 2008 at 10:48 pm

I'm a gooner but I think for me it would probably be Newcastle and I know people are already laughing but the passion of the fans is just amazing.

13. rohan.india

October 26, 2008 at 9:41 pm

for chelsea….i will plzy for them free

14. Chris

October 26, 2008 at 7:48 pm

I'm a Chelsea fan but, I would sign with Bolton or Tottenham!

15. Ph0BoluS

October 26, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Chelsea fan here, and I'd probably sign for Fulham…I'd get to hang with my fellow Americans, I'd help them reach top 10 then get a contract from Chelsea, then sign for the blues..ahaha

16. ls7

October 26, 2008 at 4:25 pm

I'd have to go for West Ham. They have a good and long track record of producing top talent.

17. Burt Reynolds

October 26, 2008 at 1:22 pm

Whoever pays me the most.

18. Matt

October 26, 2008 at 11:51 am

Hull City. Champions League in no time.

• josh

March 14, 2014 at 9:43 am

not

19. Steve D.

October 26, 2008 at 11:32 am

Fulham……..I love fulham……..I like to root for the underdogs,and remember the great escape they put on last year

20. Mike K

October 26, 2008 at 10:57 am

I would say Arsenal but they're my favorite team so that's no good. Other than that, I'd say Aston Villa. They're playing great football right now and it's face paced which I like a lot. I'd score the hat trick that got Spurs relegated 🙂

21. BishopvilleRed

October 26, 2008 at 10:40 am

If I can't play for United, I'm playing for Aberdeen- SCOTTISH Premier league.

After that, Maybe West Ham. If I'm half good, I'll get signed by United in no time!

22. Raatzie

October 26, 2008 at 10:23 am

Arsenal.

Somehow I got scored on by Ronaldo AND Ronaldnho and still got called up for my World Cup team.

Did you see my free kick at the edge of the box?

I'm trying to remember what I did with that one.