Firstly I want to make it clear that I am not an English fan, I am from Ireland, but what I heard whenever I was watching the England game on Saturday on TV was one of the worse things that I have ever heard at a football match.
So Ashley Cole makes a mistake and presents the ball straight into the path of an opposition player, but does that give the England fans the right to lay into him and boo him for it?
I may be wrong, but I seriously thought that the point of being a football supporter is to support your team no matter the result, no matter the outcome and no matter the mistakes that are made. England won 5-1 for pity sake and still this happens to a player.
I for one hope that these fans are looking at themselves today and are feeling a tad embarrassed.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season