Connect with us

General

How To Get Setanta Sports On Comcast Cable

power-to-the-people.jpg

If you’re a Comcast Cable customer and you want Setanta Sports, the time to act is now.

I just spoke with a source inside Comcast Cable who confirmed that their head office in Philadelphia has signed a contract with Setanta Sports so that local Comcast Cable companies have the green light to add the 24/7 soccer network.

Comcast will likely debut Setanta Sports in three of their local markets first: Illinois, New England and the Bay Area. BUT these regional MSOs (multiple system operators) are dragging their feet and will be unlikely to add Setanta anytime soon unless they hear from you, the Comcast customers.

Here’s how to get Setanta Sports on Comcast Cable:

Whether you live in Illinois, New England, the Bay Area, or any other part of the country, you need to let Comcast know that you want your Setanta Sports. The more voices and e-mails they receive, the more likely they’ll add Setanta Sports sooner rather than later.

To find the contact information for your local Comcast Cable provider, visit the Cable Provider Locator tool and enter your zip code. The locator tool also includes pre-written e-mails to send to your local provider. But if you have a choice between making a phone call or sending an e-mail, a phone call will always be more convincing.

Sometimes the only way to get things done is to take action. If you want Setanta Sports, get your soccer friends to call and e-mail Comcast and spread the word.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
  • Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
  • Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more

16 Comments

16 Comments

1. John Figliozzi

April 9, 2009 at 10:50 pm

I have Time Warner in the Albany, NY area. Does anyone know the reason for the reluctance on the part of TW to carry Setanta anywhere? Seems it could be a really sweet deal for them. $15 a month… not too many channels command a rate like that.

2. Edward Godman

March 29, 2009 at 1:06 pm

As an ex Brit living in Canada we have easy acces to Setanta through Sattletite in Canada. We spend time in the winter in Estero, Florida where we have Comcast service for Phone, High Speed and TV but unfortunately no Setanta which is very dissapointing and causes me to suffer from soccer withdrawal. (Much to my wifes content since I then spend more time with her!)
    Lets hope Comcast acts on this ASAP and resolves my suffering!!

3. Tony Hogan

February 14, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Hey all… if you are interested in helping Comcast set up Setanta in your area, please follow the link below and the sign the petition. With enough signatures, it should only help them in their decision to offer Setanta to their customers.

Thank you all!

4. Simon Burke

February 13, 2009 at 5:17 pm

As far as i know , no minimum. Its a pay channel you can cancel anytime. I have FIOS. You’d be telling cable to cancel it so i assume setanta arent involved at all.

5. Paul

February 13, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Hey,

Just wasted 15 minutes of my life with some moron at the comcast call centre. Can anyone tell me is there a minimum subscription period for Setanta Sports? Or can you cancel it at any time?

Thanks.

6. Raatzie

October 10, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Crap. Well, guess I'm keeping the broadband then. (Could they get a bigger screen, for Chrissakes?)

Thansk for the input.

7. Simon Burke.

October 10, 2008 at 11:28 am

Raatzie
    1) No chance
    2) No chance.

If yo uhave a subscription, you can only watch it on computer wherever you are assuming your internet connection is decent enough – i asked Setanta about
    giving users broadband who already subscribe – they said no. Pity cos I think if they offered me broadband for 5 dollars on top of my 15 for the channel i would take it but I wont pay 15 for something i already have.

8. Alex

October 9, 2008 at 1:58 pm

You can bet I will be doing this. Living in Central Illinois might pay off for once. Thanks for tip-off Gaffer!

-Alex

9. Raatzie

October 9, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Two questions – likely nobody knows the answers, but worth asking in case you do.

1. I bought a yearly subscription to Setanta by Broadband Aug. 1. Any way that can be transferred to Comcast?

2. Do cable/satellie Setanta subscribers also have access to Setanta by Broadband? I travel for work and don't want to lose out on Setanta during travling weekends.

Thanks.

10. The Gaffer

October 9, 2008 at 10:29 am

That's correct, Simon. Fairfax and Fredericksburg. See http://www.soccerondish.com/cox-cable-northern-… for more info.

11. The Gaffer

October 9, 2008 at 10:16 am

No insight yet, Dave. Sorry.

12. Dave Griffiths

October 9, 2008 at 10:05 am

Any word on Insight Communications/Cable adding Setanta??

13. Simon Burke

October 9, 2008 at 8:47 am

Also – Cox in Fairfax Va now has starting carrying Setanta and that's set to expand across the Cox platform in the coming months.

Verizon has a free 2 weeks of Setanta in mid October starting on Oct 10 or 11 for those to test it out on…

14. The Gaffer

October 9, 2008 at 6:57 am

DP:

The Locator Tool probably hasn't been updated for your area. Best bet is to Google the contact information for your local Comcast.

15. DoublePivot

October 9, 2008 at 6:46 am

When I click the link it brings up Time Warner for my area. I have Comcast, so I know they are in my area. Does Time Warner own Comcast?

16. eplnfl

October 9, 2008 at 5:51 am

Thanks. That is great news.