To promote the upcoming release of FIFA 09, EA Sports came up with a remarkable way of advertising the new version of the game. During halftime of the Chelsea against Man United match last weekend that was televised on Sky Sports in England, EA debuted a four minute TV commercial starring Wayne Rooney and Gonzalo Higuain.
The peak UK audience for last weekend’s super Sunday match was 2.2 million. A perfect audience for EA’s new game, I’d say.
Rather than creating a four minute infomercial, the advertisement plays more like a short film featuring Wayne Rooney in the backyard of a northern city playing the game on a giant screen TV, while Real Madrid star Higuain and his adoring fans watch him play in a Spanish square.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family