Spain’s big four in the Champions League came out in great shape after one matchday. Barcelona looked like their usual selves- both good and bad- and were able to handle Sporting Lisbon by a score of 3-1. Real Madrid was very busines-like in their 2-0 win over BATE Borisov.
Biggest winner in Spain was Atlético. They rolled into Eindhoven poised to come out with at least a point. Instead they rolled out of the Philips Stadion with three points and an even more impressive performance by arguably the best player in the world in Sergio Ag
üero. His brace against PSV left his opponents as well as the Spanish media at his knees. The downside to this win was the loss of Diego Forlán with a quadriceps tear that will have him out for at least three weeks. In the process he will miss out on crucial matches both for club and country.
Villarreal in the meantime handcuffed a struggling Manchester United at Old Trafford. The return of Cristiano Ronaldo was still not enough for a Red Devil side that look handcuffed against the a Yellow Submarine that had every intention of sharing the spoils.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season