Looking forward to seeing how Manchester United employ new signing Dimitar Berbatov this weekend versus Liverpool, or better yet, who gets the hook up front: Wayne Rooney or Carlos Tevez. While Rooney may need a breather after playing for England the past couple of weeks, I don’t see how Sir Alex Ferguson can leave out such a playmaker against his most bitter rivals. My fear is they might put Rooney out wide, where he seems to be drifting lately, and that will only work to condone the practice (the opposite of what Capello wants him to do for country).
And how do you leave out Tevez and his unbridled energy? Though he hasn’t scored yet for the club this season (only Fletcher has, incredibly) United will need his playmaking skills and indefatigable efforts to create for Rooney or Berbatov (or himself, of course). So, does United go 4-3-3? Start one then substitute for the other?
I believe the signing of Berbatov will show shrewd for Sir Alex and United. In my opinion (and many others) United have not had such a striker since Ruud van Nistelroy left (was shown the door). To have a knack to be in the “right place at the right time” cannot be taught but is such a great asset. It remains to be seen how he will adapt to life at such a large club, but just like the discussion of how Fernando Torres would adjust to life in the EPL last year, goals quickly sway hearts and minds. The sooner Berbatov opens his United account, the quicker he becomes another favorite to the supporters (as well as another notch to Sir Alex’s already storied success at bringing in top-notch talent).
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Kylian Mbappé can shock the world again at World Cup 2022
- What is the best soccer stadium in the world?
- Where to find Santos vs. Flamengo on US TV
- Where to find Fluminense vs. Corinthians on US TV
- Romelu Lukaku homecoming provides opportunity at Inter Milan
- Wimbledon, Tour, cricket and rugby find Covid still in the air
- Maldini signs new two-year director deal with AC Milan
- Sampaoli leaves Marseille amid differences with club bosses
- Best still to come from ‘legend’ Salah after signing new Liverpool deal
- Salah ends speculation by signing new Liverpool contract