The former Zaragoza scorer was in the eye of Real Madrid, but turned down their final offer as the transfer window was coming to a close in Europe on Monday. The Argentine international accepted returning to Italy and signed a three-year contract worth approximately €2.4 million.
Milito started his European career with the Genovese side back in 2003. The former Racing Club star is considered an idol at this club where he was the team´s leading scorer in during his stay at the Italian side. He participated in 59 matches and scored 33 goals in Serie B en route to helping Genoa return to Serie A.
He was then transferred to Zaragoza in 2005 as part of the Spanish side´s effort to become one of the better structured clubs in Spain and one of the top contenders for the Spanish crown. All that came to a crashing halt last year when Zaragoza and Milito were relegated to the Spanish second division.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Liverpool clash threatens more misery for Man Utd
- Barcelona looking for ‘patience’ despite spending spree
- Will Mbappe and Neymar flourish together this season for PSG?
- Qatar buses feel the World Cup heat in tournament test
- Scamacca opens West Ham account in Conference League win
- Mbappé and Neymar feud adds heat to PSG vs Lille clash
- Conte not expecting touchline ban after Tuchel clash
- Mendy rape accuser details alleged attack in locked room at his mansion
- Ben Brereton Díaz rumors signal ambitious signings from Nice
- Chelsea probe alleged racist abuse against Spurs forward Son