Connect with us

General

GolTV Tells Dish Network Customers To Switch

dish-goltv.jpg

DISH customers can practically kiss their chances goodbye of seeing GolTV back on their satellite provider.

The 24/7 soccer network says that it doesn’t see any compromise with DISH being reached in the near future and is recommending that DISH customers select an alternate source such as DirecTV.

On August 1st, DISH Network dumped GolTV from its lineup after a contract dispute. DISH Network wanted to reduce the amount of money it paid GolTV based on the per subscriber fee. GolTV rightly balked, but due to no agreement being made, the network is still not available on the satellite provider.

Between August 1st and now, plenty of soccer fans nationwide have cancelled their DISH Network subscriptions and signed up with DirecTV instead. Now that both the new La Liga and Bundesliga seasons have kicked off, expect more DISH customers to make the switch to DirecTV.

GolTV leaves open the possibility of a deal being reached with DISH Network to bring the network back to its lineup, but the ball seems to be in DISH’s court. By the time an agreement is reached, if any, the concern will be that the die-hard soccer fans will have already left the network.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
15 Comments

15 Comments

1. jesus

November 7, 2010 at 5:27 pm

I neeeeeed GolTv bacckk to dish

2. mmmmhill

January 12, 2010 at 9:24 pm

I swithced to DirectTV for this reason. Nine months later I’m going back to Dish!!!! I love the LA LIGA but I can catch games online. It isn’t worth the crapy technology from DirecTV. 4 HD DVR Receivers in 9 months. 1 being bad – bad luck. 2 – just a coinicident. But 4????? Come on!!! I was with Dish for 4 years and not a single problem with my programming or service or receivers. Infact the only issue I had with them was the removal of GolTV. It’s hard. But my family is upset with me for changing in the first place. Now I’m eating crow and going back to Dish.

3. The Gaffer

April 1, 2009 at 3:21 am

Spencir, Kartik from the Major League Soccer Talk Podcast interviewed Enzo Francescoli – the owner of GolTV – a few weeks ago and said that there is no deal on the horizon, but they continue to have business discussions.

4. spencir

April 1, 2009 at 12:46 am

yes really i need GOL tv back too dish net work coz ilike it and now i dont know what can i do !!!

5. Josimars

September 25, 2008 at 2:26 pm

I just canceled mine yesterday. I switched to FIOS triple play

6. cftv37

September 17, 2008 at 6:27 pm

GOLTV was added to the Spanish Tier of service for Brighthouse Cable System which used to be a Time Warner Company. I called the help line to ask if it was going to also be added to the Sports Tier which I am a current customer of since the programming is in English and not Spanish and she wasn't even aware that GOL was even on the cable system. I decided to bite the bullet and pay the extra 3 bucks a month to see Real Madrid and Barca games and if it is added to the Sports Tier I will call and cancel the Spanish service. Now I just have to remember channel 913.

7. Matt

September 13, 2008 at 10:54 am

Time Warner still does not offer GolTV in most of its markets.

8. Carlos

September 5, 2008 at 8:36 am

I see the channel is posted in the dishnetwork channel lists, are those old lists or did they reach an agreement?

9. FCBarca

September 3, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Yeah, same reasoning for me on balking on Dish…I finally moved into an area where satellite was possible and I’m back to Comcast until the GolTV thing gets resolved…Else, it’s Direct TV for me

10. tony

September 1, 2008 at 3:47 pm

today they didnt show that message in the website, maybe an agreement is near

11. Alexander Penley

September 1, 2008 at 11:05 am

This is why I got Gol TV. I am subleasing now but the moment I get back home I am changing. Not just because gol told me too. Any channel that pro AC I am no fan of either but…

12. The Gaffer

September 1, 2008 at 2:04 am

Will, you smart arse ; )

I’ve received a ton of e-mails from frustrated GolTV viewers who were on Dish but have now switched to DirecTV.

Feel free to read the message boards on BigSoccer.com to see how many more people are upset about the whole deal and have switched too.

13. will

September 1, 2008 at 1:55 am

Between August 1st and now, plenty of soccer fans nationwide have cancelled their DISH Network subscriptions and signed up with DirecTV instead..

What all four of you???

14. isaac

August 30, 2008 at 10:19 pm

the problem for me is that dish has international
    chaneles that direct tv doesnt have,since i am
    from israel the only thing that keep me with dish
    is the israeli chanel,i hope that people will write
    and complain so that goltv wil come back.

15. jm

August 30, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Wow! I really have to eat crow on this one, I counseled patience, suspecting that this would be resolved shortly.

What a hassle for Dish subscribers!