Mo Edu’s sale to Glasgow Rangers is more good news for US Soccer as we begin the 2010 World Cup qualifying cycle. While Edu was fortunate that in playing for Toronto FC he was led by one of the few outstanding MLS managers in John Carver, playing on the fieldturf of BMO Field as well as the general disjointed-ness of MLS would have stagnated his growth as a player.
Edu is a remarkable story: completely off the radar of US Soccer as teenager, he is one of the few players in recent US History to actually be capped for the full National Team before he ever got a youth national team run out. That first national team match against Switzerland was the thing of legends, as Edu helped anchor a midfield which gave the home standing Swiss very little space to operate. It was one of the best debuts in recent US National Team history.
Now Edu goes to play for Walter Smith and a club desperate for an SPL title. How do our readers feel about Edu’s move to Rangers and what are his prospects long term for the National Team?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season