Beginning this week every Monday (or Tuesday) we’ll look back at how Americans did in the ultra competitive leagues of the motherland. These footballers must be commended for their desire to challenge themselves against football’s best in the home of the game: England. Unlike Major League Soccer or USL where poor possession play and bad giveaways are tolerated, in England one mistake could have you on the bench for good. Here’s how our boys did this past weekend:
Was in the match squad but did not enter MK Dons match against Northampton Town
Entered the match in the 81st minute as Fulham was defeated by Hull 2-1.
Played a full 90 minutes in Watford’s 1-0 win over Charlton
Played a full 90 minutes in Milwall’s 1-1 draw with Southend United
Won his Aston Villa debut 4-2 over Manchester City
As has been typical in Howard’s career he made a major mistake late in a match and Blackburn took advantage of it to win 3-2 over Howard’s Everton side.
We now know he’s not headed for the Sounders just yet and he celebrated by keeping a clean sheet against Plymouth in Reading’s 2-0 victory.
Played 84 minutes and helped set up a goal in Reading’s 2-0 victory.
Kyle Davies, Jonathan Spector, and Eddie Johnson did not play
More Site News:
Beginning this week we are going to increase our coverage of Mexican and English Football especially the National Teams. We are also hoping to have more coverage of the Canadian National Team beginning this week. We will be scaling back coverage of Major League Soccer. To get your MLS fix, please listen to Around the League in 90 Minutes, Tuesday’s on CSRN.
We will still cover MLS but only in the context of its affect on the American, Canadian, Mexican and English National Teams. As many of you have noticed we have moved in that direction the last few weeks on the site without making a formal announcement. With World Cup Qualifying beginning this site will focus on the international game.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- USMNT World Cup kits real or fake? Combing through the clues
- Brighton sign Ecuador’s Estupinan from Villarreal
- PSV rescue Rangers draw as Obispo spares Benitez’s blushes in Champions League play-offs
- Ex-Man Utd star Giggs admits to lifelong infidelity in court testimony
- Our 6 way-too-early reactions to 2022/23 Premier League season
- Van Dijk says Nunez must ‘control himself’ after Liverpool red card
- Man City complete signing of Spanish defender Gomez
- International efforts needed to understand sport’s dementia risk: report
- ‘Very special’: English teenager Bynoe-Gittens extends Dortmund deal
- Where to find Rangers vs. PSV Eindhoven on US TV