Manchester City may want to quickly forget their debut performance in their new third shirt. City wore the new orange football kit for the first time Sunday when they lost 4-2 against an on-song Aston Villa side.
Designed by Le Coq Sportif and sponsored by Thomas Cook, the new Manchester City third shirt features blaze orange as its main color and navy as the trim color. The new shirt will be available as a limited edition in the Man City club shops from September 27, but you can pre-order yours from August 26 via the club website. It will also be on display in the CityStore from Monday, August 18.
My first impression of the shirt was that it looked more like a salmon color than orange. The design is definitely not as awful as Chelsea and Wigan’s day-glo fascination. But, tell me, how many football fans will want to go out and buy a shirt that is the same color as the tops that the scary-looking guys from the prison-release program who pick up the trash on the side of the highway?
Share your thoughts about the new design by clicking the comments link below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season