Manchester City has officially unveiled their new home and away shirts for the 2008/2009 season. As correctly predicted before, the new home shirt design features Thomas Cook as the sponsor and Le Coq Sportif as the manufacturer, not Nike.
According to the Manchester City website, “This year’s strips are a return to tradition, with a home kit of sky blue and white and the popular red and black stripes for the away shirt, first introduced by Malcolm Allison in 1968 and worn for many of the Club’s victorious domestic and European cup campaigns of the late 60s and early 70s.”
The Manchester City website also notes that “the home strip will be launched at the City Stores at the City of Manchester Stadium and the Arndale Centre, central Manchester, on Saturday 19 July. Those ordering online before the launch deadline will receive their shirts on Friday 18 July.
Please note, following customer feedback on last season’s kits, the sizing guide has been revised and all strips are a more generous fit than in previous years.
The away strip, whose black and red stripes are reminiscent of this year’s Thomas Cook Trophy opponents AC Milan, will be available to order online from Monday 21 July.
Thomas Cook branded third kit and training wear will be available later this summer.”
What are your thoughts about the new Manchester City home and away shirts?
Do you like the designs or not?
Please share your opinions by clicking the comments link below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Premier League’s most underrated XI in the 2021/22 season
- Marseille secure Champions League place as Bordeaux go down
- RB Leipzig win first German Cup trophy
- Ten-man RB Leipzig win German Cup final on penalties
- La Rochelle boost Top 14 play-off hopes ahead of Euro final
- Fiorentina beat Juve to reach Conference League, Atalanta out of Europe
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache