Alain Perrin, who guided Lyon to their first domestic league and Cup double last season, will be replaced by Lille coach Claude Puel according to reports circulating in the French news media. Nothing official has been posted on the official Olympique Lyonnais website. Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas refused to comment. “No decision has been taken”, he told reporters.
One Lyon deal that can be confirmed, and adds to the Puel speculation, is that one-time Arsenal target Jean II Makoun has signed a four-year contract with Lyon after completing a 14m Euro transfer from, you guessed it, Lille. Mathieu Bodmer and Kader Keita joined Lyon from the northern club a year ago, so Puel would be familiar with a few players at the Stade Gerland.
Makoun was buoyant about his moving, telling reporters “I opted for OL, who showed more interest to me than Juventus and Arsenal. Lyon are a club that can’t be refused, most of all because they have been following me for quite a long time. When OL come and knock at the door, you just go for it!”
The talented Makoun, a 25-year-old defensive midfielder, will wear the number 17 shirt, previously the property of fellow Cameroonian Marc-Vivien Fore, who tragically died from a heart attack while competing in an international game for his country.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ