Group B throws us another tantalising opening game this evening as Croatia entertain Germany.
A win for either side will see them join Portugal in the last eight and after the performances on Sunday, Germany will be strong favourites to do so. Yet, Croatia are a team that have shown over the last 12 months that you underestimate them at your peril or you are a tactical moron in charge of England called Steve.
Podolski was in fine form in the clash with Poland and will be looking to add to his two goals. They were extremely impressive against the Poles and will be very confident of gaining the 3 points today. Modric will be key for Croatia today and Olic needs to put in a better performance up front for them. I however think Croatia may match Germany today and they’ll be keen to improve on the lacklustre performance against Austria. Can they repeat their great win from the 1998 World Cup? I doubt it, but I think it’ll be a 2-2 draw.
This evening’s game sees Austria meet Poland. After Switzerland exited the competition last night, the Austrians will be keen to give themselves a chance of qualification but so will Poland. Austria certainly gave a good account of themselves and will perhaps feel unlucky they haven’t got a point to show for all their efforts in the clash with Croatia.
Poland will also want to get some points on the board and show us that they have the quality to get through to the last game with something to play for. Guerreiro looked really good when he came on and Poland certainly seemed to have a little but more flair with him on the pitch. If he links well with Smolarek, they will come good.
It’ll be crucial that Poland get him on the ball early in the game to get at Austria. I’m fancying a Polish win tonight, Beenhakker will be crucial in getting the Poles fired up for this clash and I feel they’ll have a little bit too much for Austria to cope with. That said, I going for a 2-1 for the Poles.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Chelsea sale gets green light from UK government
- UK government authorises sale of Chelsea FC
- Where to find AS Roma vs. Feyenoord on US TV
- ‘World’s best’ Alisson: The goalkeeper who transformed Liverpool
- Benzema needs final triumph to make Champions League his own
- Violent clashes in Tirana before the Conference League final
- Klopp named Premier League manager of the year
- Premier League season 2nd most-watched ever in US history
- Euro titles ‘no help’ to Mourinho ahead of Conference League final
- Premier League approve Boehly’s takeover of Chelsea