Chelsea’s best chance of winning the Premier League title is in the hands of their cross-city rivals, Arsenal Football Club. If the Gunners can get one point against Man United in this Sunday’s match at Old Trafford, that will set up Chelsea for a possible last gasp title win.
Of course, there are still plenty of if’s involved even if Arsenal can draw or beat Manchester United this Sunday. Chelsea will need to defeat Man United on Saturday, April 26. That match is at Stamford Bridge where the Blues are undefeated in the league in four years. Besides that match and hoping that Arsenal draws Man United, Chelsea need to win the rest of their remaining matches in the league. Those matches are against Wigan, Everton, Newcastle and Bolton.
The way that Chelsea is playing lately, you wouldn’t count them on winning anything. That includes the Champions League and Premier League, but football is a unpredictable game at times. A few weeks ago, who would have thought that Man United’s two centrebacks would become injured (Vidic and Ferdinand)? And who would have predicted that Man United would have to come back to draw against Middlesbrough (although Boro continue to be a bogey side for the Red Devils)?
While the Premier League title is still in Man United’s hands, Chelsea has a golden opportunity to come from behind to lift the trophy. However, if Chelsea loses one match between now and the season, their chances of winning the 2007/2008 Premiership trophy will be very slim.
Can EPL Talk’s prediction that Chelsea may be closer to winning the title than you think come true? We’ll see.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Bronze to leave Women’s Super League club Man City
- Ibrahimovic endured sleepless nights to deliver Serie A title for Milan
- Man Utd report revenue increase despite ‘disappointing’ season
- FIFPro sounds alarm over player workloads ahead of Champions League final
- Vote for the 2026 World Cup host cities in North America
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant again
- Liverpool’s Diaz from indigenous community that breeds ‘toughness’
- Mbappe’s PSG to play three games in Japan in July
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant once more