How a Reading side could succumb to Newcastle and fail to mount few serious challenges against the Tyneside club is beyond me. The Reading side of last season was pure class. This year, the team’s defense have been equivalent to a schoolboy side at times while the attackers offer few options. Of course it didn’t help that Reading let go of attacking midfielder Steve Sidwell last year to Chelsea.
Reading’s Steve Coppell has a lot of work to do this summer to bring in better quality defenders and a new striking partner for Kevin Doyle and/or Dave Kitson. While the Berkshire club can’t compete with the top clubs in the transfer window, they should be able to find talented players. Hopefully Coppell already has his scouts hard at work.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season