The Deportivo goalkeeper was found guilty of assaulting his teammate by a judge in La Coruña. The Uruguayan international’s argument that it was a fight between two individuals was not accepted by the judge and the sentence was reduced from what was originally nine months only because Dudu Aouate did not press charges.
Since Munúa does not have a criminal record, he will not have to go to prison if he pays a US$ 5,000 fine. The altercation between the two occured on January 11th after the Israeli international made public comments about Munúa taking over his spot as starter. This is what led to the altercation the following day which eventually led to both players being dismissed from the side by coach Miguel Ángel Lotina.
Deportivo are currently in 19th place with 20 points and fighting to avoid relegation.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season