ESPNsoccernet is reporting that a significant amount of money–believed to be in the region of $3,000-$4,000 US–was stolen right out of wallets from the Manchester City dressing room at some point during the afternoon today. City occupied the visitors’ changing room as they were in Sheffield to take on Sheffield United in the 4th Round of the FA Cup, a game in which they surprisingly lost 2-1.
“A number of staff and players have had a quantity of cash stolen,” City spokesman Paul Tyrrell told Sky Sports News.
“I am not aware that the dressing room was locked and the police are looking in it.”
Wow. If this is the case, Sheffield United has to be at fault. There’s no excuse for not locking the doors to the locker room and prohibiting access to everything inside.
Then again, what were City’s players and staff doing with that much money?? They were the visiting team and probably were heading back to Manchester directly after the match; I’m not sure why they were carrying any considerable amount of money in the first place.
City aren’t exactly setting the world alight right now with their recent form. This is a team that has won a grand total of three matches in their last thirteen played in all competitions. They’re fading in the race for fourth place in the Premiership and with today’s loss are now out of both domestic cup competitions. The last thing their players and staff are thinking about at the moment is the money in their wallets and somehow even that is now missing.
After a trip to Derby next week, City have the displeasure of playing Manchester United, Arsenal, and Everton in their three league games in February.
Could it get any worse?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Mbappe’s PSG to play three games in Japan in July
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant once more
- Harmony reigns as Ancelotti and Real Madrid proves a winning combination
- Real Madrid remain Europe’s most valuable football club: report
- Tearful Mourinho hails Conference League ‘history’ for Roma
- Mbappe’s rumored benefits allow too much power for one player
- Zaniolo fires Roma to Conference League triumph over Feyenoord
- Kompany ‘parts ways’ with Belgium’s Anderlecht
- FOX & fuboTV’s UEFA Nations League plans raise concerns